We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide Book

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
534 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Guide Book

Can anyone recommend a good guide book and/or map for BBDs? I have got loads of good information from this site but would still like to buy a book to take with me.

Thanks

northampton
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide Book

Don't bother buying in advance. When you get to the arrivals hall, waiting for your luggage, go to the info desk and pick up "Barbados in a Nutshell" for free. Map, local info. Just remember that it's an advert-funded publication. Still good info though.

northampton
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide Book

Also, look at my post "thought some of you might be interested"

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
534 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide Book

Thats great, thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
643 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide Book

If you really want to look at a guide before you go,check one out from your local library. That way you can return when you are all done. All the brochures and guide books you need are available everywhere!

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,183 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide Book

Lonely Planet Guide Books Are the BEST!!!

I've not yet read the Barbados Lonely Planet, but we have several and they're always the most accurate and most geared towards our style of travel. You can't go wrong w/ Lonely Planet!

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guide Book

There is always "Lois's insider tips",she is a regular if not frequent poster on here & compiled a list of tips for us to download,haven't read it myself but what the heck it's free....... you'll have to look for a post of hers to find the link.

LONG ISLAND
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guide Book

I second Lois Insider Tips. I asked her for a copy by email and received one straight away FOC.

34 pages and extremely thoughtful and comprehensive.

Jim

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guide Book

Hello. There also is a magazine published by the Barbados Tourism Authority called Ins and Outs Barbados. They can mail it to you for a fee, but if you can get to a BTA in London you could pick up a copy - no charge.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guide Book

Just to clarify, "Ins & Outs" magazine is published by Miller Publishing here in Barbados. They are the same company that publish "In a Nutshell". The Toursit Board use it to promote Barbados. Both guides are excellent.

Sarah

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Guide Book

Hi There!

In the past we relied on the Fodor's travel guides. Very informative.

Bubby