We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Holiday at Coral Mist!!!!!

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Great Holiday at Coral Mist!!!!!

Just returned from Barbados last night, we had a wonderful time. Don't really know where to start but here goes...The hotel was great, the staff were very friendly and helpful, Reggie organized our outings.... the rooms were clean and the view was AMAZING(I could hardly stop looking out from our balcony) took many pictures from balcony...had one breakfast and one lunch at the hotel restaurant and the food was quite good, the clubhouse sandwhich and chips were great, the chips were fresh cut, not frozen!!...The road noise was not a problem, as many have said, when you turn on the air and close the bahtroom door, all yoou hear is the surf... water was pretty rough but O.K. with me, my husband is not a great swimmer so he didn't go in too far.

I liked the location of the hotel, close to everything, we walked and walked, on the streets and on the beaches.

Weather was beautiful!! mostly hot and sunny,occasional brief showers and a good breeze so we never felt too hot.

We took an island tour via taxi and saw much of the beautiful island, went to the Flower forest, which was quite beautiful with great views... also went to Harrisons Cave on Tues Jan 22... It was CLOSED!!! the lady said "open tomorrow" but who knows.. I was disappointed as we believed it to be open and wanted to see it.. oh well, maybe next time

Never got offered any drugs but maybe it is because of our advanced years..60...lol..Only saw beach vendor on our beach twice.

We ate lunch at the Roundhouse, had dinner at Champers and Davids, all great meals.

Will we return.. You bet!! I'm a little depressed right now, think I will look at my pictures!!

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Holiday at Coral Mist!!!!!

Glad you had such a great time Susie, I agree it is lovely at Coral Mist. We have stayed at Blue Orchids twice and love it there. Enjoy your memories!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Holiday at Coral Mist!!!!!

Glad to hear you had a good time - and glad to hear you will be back!

Sarah

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
999 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Holiday at Coral Mist!!!!!

Happy to hear that you enjoy yourselves.

I can'twait to go back myself....maybe early next year.

dan

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Holiday at Coral Mist!!!!!

Thanks for sharing Susie, only a month to go for us.

Glad you had a good time, but it's a shame about the Cave.

Brian

Market Harborough
Level Contributor
187 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Holiday at Coral Mist!!!!!

Glad to hear you had a good time at the Coral Mist and on the island in general. Your experiences of the hotel, Champers & the surrounding area sounds just like our own visit back in June.

6. Re: Great Holiday at Coral Mist!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 01:18