We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbour Lights vs Bajan Roots and Rhythm

London, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Harbour Lights vs Bajan Roots and Rhythm

Anyone been to both?

Which do you think is best value for money and entertainment?We will be staying at Coral Mist in June and can't decide which show looks the best?

Thanks

Anne

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harbour Lights vs Bajan Roots and Rhythm

I have been to Roots & Rythms but not the Harbour Lights show so I can't really compare, however I have heard that the R&R show is more professional and better put together. Harbour Lights is a very casual spot right on the beach so that might be more what you are looking for - some reviewers on here love the show at harbour Lights.

Sarah

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harbour Lights vs Bajan Roots and Rhythm

We enjoyed Harbour Lights more.

It was more casual and I found the Roots and Rhythm to be a little to commercial for me...ie, you are not allowed to take your own pictures during the show. Stop by the gift shop kind of thing.

Both meals were good and both share some of the same entertainment (fire eater and limbo dancer). We also enjoyed both bands.

Barbados
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Harbour Lights vs Bajan Roots and Rhythm

Rattyo

As pointed out by Scary - Bajan Roots is a little more professional in terms of dancers (choreography, lighting, bigger place in general, etc.) and performance in general. But as Soft pointed out they do share some performers as well. Harbour Lights, which is one of islands's most popular night clubs on the other nights, is more casual. It is hard to say which one is the right for you but the younger crowd tends to like HL while older tends to prefer R&R. HL can also be slightly more affected in case you get some rain. My personal summary would be - R&R is nicer show but HL is a better party. You can choose which you takes the priority - I hope you enjoy the show - whichever you choose.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
999 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harbour Lights vs Bajan Roots and Rhythm

We had a blast at the Habour Lights show (look up my pics on my review of the Coral Mist Hotel).

The food was extremely good for a diner/show package and the booze albeit somewhat watered down flowed freely all evening.

Some may call it a little cheesy but we really did enjoy ourselves that Friday evening.

Evne though I haven't done the Bajan Roots show I believe that you can't go wrong selecting either one.

Have fun!

Dan

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harbour Lights vs Bajan Roots and Rhythm

Ive been to both & would say Bajan Roots & Rhythm is by far better in terms of performance, food & value for money.

Id always go again to Bajan Roots & Rhythm, Harbour Lights once youve done it, youve done it, it is pricey for what it is & would probably only go again if i were in younger company of whom specifically wanted to go.

Suza

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harbour Lights vs Bajan Roots and Rhythm

I went to both and I would say they are both great each in their own way, although personally I would go back to HL.

BR&R has a very professional show, but it is as others said a little commercialized (no photos, souvenir shop etc).

HL is smaller, more cozy and right on the beach. Take your shoes off and dance in the sand, lots of fun.

Both had the same performance, limbo, fire-eater, stilt dancers, both had a band, both had similar Bajan food. It is really up to you whether you prefer sitting in a more formal show and enjoying the atmosphere or whether you like to let your hair down.

London, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harbour Lights vs Bajan Roots and Rhythm

Thanks for all your comments they have been very useful, I think we may pick Bajan Roots & Rhythm, then hopefully on our next trip (fingers crossed) Harbour Lights!

Anne

8. Re: Harbour Lights vs Bajan Roots and Rhythm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 02:18