We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

F.A.Q.'s & "simple" questions

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
F.A.Q.'s & "simple" questions

With all respect to posters, the FAQ's section with links to further information is a great source of help to people wishing to know more about the island, it is an easy & quick way to get info without having to wait for replies that in all honesty have already been made. Some may be old but nevertheless still valid like currency, weather, dress,electricity.Please don't misunderstand questions will still I'm sure, be answered but as they already have been - many times in some cases, if the FAQ's/search facility is used it is easier.Some other questions are very hotel specific & no-one can really give a definative answer as only the hotel can & relying on the word of someone on this forum may not be the most reliable way of making an important decision on your precious holiday.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: F.A.Q.'s & "simple" questions

I am sure from your response to my earlier question that you are talking about me here. I have read every one of the 392 pages of posts in this forum, and I believe I have only asked three questions. If I do ask a question after doing so much research, it means that I truly do not know the answer and would like clarification. I am very well traveled and always do research in a variety of ways prior to booking and going on a trip.

My one hotel specific question on this forum was requesting the opinion of those who had stayed there, not the hotel's published info.

My question regarding whether we should book the day cruise or the sunset cruise was to solicit the personal opinions of those who had done each.

And my question about dinner dress was specific to our lifestyle, the limited clothing that I own outside of business suits for work, and the fact that we eat early and very casual dinners, not at upscale restaurants.

If I was not interested in getting the opinion of someone on this forum about making an important decision on my precious holiday, I would not have asked.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: F.A.Q.'s & "simple" questions

Wasn't referring to anyone in particular -just trying to help people get to the right info as quickly as posssible.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,649 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: F.A.Q.'s & "simple" questions

DrKay, JTD was not singling out you.. trust me on this one.. he was simply stating again that we do have an FAQ section and that it is full of information for the average traveling. and we do, unfortuantely, have many people, unlike yourself, who DO NOT read the previous posts or the FAQ sections to find out information.

Weather is something that changes every day.. even if we live here, we are amazed at some of the weather patterns (like Friday, when the wind was whipping and the rain seemed to come from nowhere), but then this is something that happens around the world..

people who ask simple electricity questions like.. what is the electricity in Barbados, haven't bothered to look at the FAQ.. how do I now this.. because it's in the FAQ.

As he also stated.. it's not a problem to ask a question, I'm sure someone will answer it. and yes, of course, if it's someone's opinion your after by all means ask away.. it's just the simple fact questions that JTD is trying to again, for the millionth time direct people to the FAQ section we begged tripadvisor to put at the top of this forum.

4. Re: F.A.Q.'s & "simple" questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 01:19