We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haven't been in 25 years!

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Haven't been in 25 years!

What happened to renting mini mokes? When did that stop?

Went 5 times and used to rent houses both on the West and East coasts...betcha it's changed soooo much!

Gotta love that Bathsheba!

Hoping to go back sometime, wonder if our bajan buddies would remember us??

Fowl, John Husbands, Ticket, Paul Barrow, Snake....anyone know these names?

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haven't been in 25 years!

Mokes still available & popular,"fun" but not as practical as jeeps which weren't always available way back. As far as changes go its mainly the West I expect, I doubt if the East has changed much-maybe & I mean maybe the Edgewater has new wallpaper!

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haven't been in 25 years!

Thanks for your reply dog!

I've google earthed it and looks like there's been a bit of development around Holetown...actually a marina that wasn't there "way back". And on the East coast a bit of residential inland. Funny you word it that way..."way back"...to me it seems like yesterday! New wallpaper huh....that just might call for a trip to check it out!

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haven't been in 25 years!

25 yrs is a looooong time in Bim,west coast is now fast becoming condo land -building places that no-one can afford,the marina may be Port St Charles up in Speightstown.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Haven't been in 25 years!

naaa, not that long... just enough time to have a family, raise em right and time to get back to travelling again! Recently been doing the Mayan Rivieria and Cuba....but my heart lies in Barbadoes!

oxford
Level Contributor
193 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Haven't been in 25 years!

hi,

just got back from first visit since we lived there in 1973!!. Changes not as great as we expected. Found our old house in about 30 minutes, mokes are now a lot more sophisticated than the old days, but most places are still instantly recognisable. Will post full report when not so tired.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Haven't been in 25 years!

Honeyham....where would I find your trip report when you've completed it??

regina canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Haven't been in 25 years!

hello: funny that you are mentioning that you have not been to barbados in 25 yrs as that is the case with us. we went on our honeymoon sept 1983 and stayed at the blue horizon and we are going for our 25th wedding annivesary to barbados in nov and taking our 2 kids. staying this time at the blue orchids. can't wait and sure hope its hot.take care.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Haven't been in 25 years!

LOL....that's kinda our plan for our 25 year anny too!

Not sure if we have the "balls" anymore to just fly there and find housing when we get there though like we used to...LOL

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Haven't been in 25 years!

Smokey483 i hope you have a fabulous time at Blue Orchids. I have stayed at Blue Horizon too but Blue Orchids is lovely because of the lovely sea view and the beach just yards away.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Haven't been in 25 years!

Its been twenty years since the wife and I were in Barbados, we stayed at the Coconut Court, this time we are staying at the Southern Palms in April, we hope there is not too much changes as we really enjoyed ourselves last time, and hope to chill out in the Gap this year.