We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mango Bay Review

cheshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mango Bay Review

Just back this morning from Mango Bay,We arrived at Manchester airport last Monday for flight to Barbados, BMI ,only to be turned away and told to come back Tuesday!!no plane to take us!!so upset as we were only going for a week, my hubby went over to BMI desk asked if we could go with any other airlines,after a chat and phone calls they said if we would fly to Heathrow we could go on Virgin in the afternoon,great!!we did that rather than loose a day of our hols,we arrived at Mango Bay tired at about 11.00pm BDS time,to tired to look around hotel but they had sandwiches for us which was nice.Our room (superior)was fab huge bed lovely outlook over pool could see the sea too,The food is fantastic you book at breakfast what time you want lunch and dinner 3 courses at each plus afternoon tea sandwiches and cakes at 4.30 ,the cocktails are really good too and the staff just excellent never do you have an empty glass at lunch or dinner they just keep pouring!!Nothing is to much trouble for them,we went on safari trip 5 hours in open jeep a real must.. takes you to great beaches and round the little villages see the real Barbados great views well worth it!All in all a 10 out of 10 for Mango Bay nothing to fault at all lived up to every Review on here booking again but for 2 weeks next time enjoy if your going you wont be disapointed!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mango Bay Review

What a start! Glad you enjoyed your time in Barbados, we are thinking of booking Mango Bay for next year - better hurry up and book it with all these rave reviews.

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,582 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mango Bay Review

Thanks for posting, mumstheword!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your holiday in the end but the flight thing - how awful! I'm assuming there was a whole flightful of disappointed travellers - did they give any explanation as to why there was 'no plane'?

Sounds like Mango Bay is a good choice anyway, although I'm not sure I'll cope with all the food when we go next year.. I'm hoping you can order just ONE course at lunchtime if you don't have a big appetite!

I'm happy to hear your comments - thanks again.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mango Bay Review

How is the beach? -it wasn't brilliant last year & we couldn't walk too far past the rocks both ways. Also people go on about the "swamp/mozzie" problem can you comment please. Any noise from the street?

cheshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mango Bay Review

I can honestly say I cannot complain about any part of the holiday,The so called 'swamp'was at the back of our room no problem !never saw a 'mozzie'the beach although smallish how big do you need it ??lovely to lie on or walk up to Sandy Beachswim in the sea geat!jet ski's,! boat rides!asports bar for the footie/rugby fans! yes there are rocks at one point but not enough to stop you walking past!Beleieve me I could not find a single fault,a great hotel! great location !can't say any more than that,As for the start of the holiday that was down to BMI who said there was a technical fault with the plane!There was loads of seats free on the virgin plane suppose that would of cost BMI if thay had invited there other dissapointed holiday makers to join us!!

cheshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mango Bay Review

P>S> You dont have to eat EVERYTHING just order as little or as much as you want take elasticated waist clothes if you eat everything!!!!

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,582 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mango Bay Review

Great info - thanks. Yes, looks like we'll be taking a caseful of loose clothes that have a chance of fitting us at the end of our 10-night stay ;)

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mango Bay Review

So -last year we could not get past the rocks either way so the beach must have been replenished since then -this does happen up West that sounds promising -we like our beach walks

Liverpool
Level Contributor
643 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mango Bay Review

So pleased you had a great time even though you had a disappointing start to your holiday. Mango Bay certainly seems to live up to everyone's expectations.

NYC
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mango Bay Review

Hi everyone,

would you recommend this resort to someone travelling with the baby?

cheshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mango Bay Review

I would go with a baby its so clean everywhere wouldn't like to comment on babysitting I wouldn't leave my children with anyone other than my mum so no comment there !!