We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hastings Tower Rentals...can you tell me about it?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Hastings Tower Rentals...can you tell me about it?

Hi!

So after much thought and contemplation we have decided to spend the months of February and March 2009 on Barbados. We are very much looking forward to bypassing the extreme northern winter once and for all (as opposed to flying back and forth to different locations to escape :)) Anyways, can anyone comment on Hasting Towers? It is on the very short list at this point. Any random input and thoughts in general would help.

Regards,

Bubbygirl

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,823 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hastings Tower Rentals...can you tell me about it?

Ok not sure what you want to know about it. The place has been there for years (over 21 years anyway) and has recently been done up on the outside. Most of the apartments are privately owned so no idea what they are like inside - each would be different.

Location is good on the main road (highway 7) which runs along the south coast. Close to restaurants, St. Lawrence Gap, Bridgetown etc.

Ask away!

Sarah

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hastings Tower Rentals...can you tell me about it?

Thanks Scary! Does it have a decent reputation that you are aware of? Does it appear to be a good spot, clean, presentable etc? Is it across the street from a beach and what beach would that be? Is there easy beach access? Can you list the most "familiar" resorts on either side of this property?

Thanks so much!

Bubby

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,823 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hastings Tower Rentals...can you tell me about it?

Well I have to be honest and have never known it as holiday apartments . They are mainly owner occupied or similar on a long term basis to my knowledge. There are no hotels either side - nearest hotels would be Coconut Court and Allamanda - the closest good beach (within walking distance) is at Coconut Court - about 5 mins walk. There is a hotel just across the road from Hastings Towers which is closed and being refurbished but the beach when there is one there is tiny.

The area is good but the road can be busy although no doubt the higher up in the tower you are the less you would here of it. The outside has recently been "done up" but as for the inside - ni idea I'm afraid.

Sarah

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hastings Tower Rentals...can you tell me about it?

I'm going with Scary in that I have only ever seen the outside, never any of the apartments inside. They are owned seperately as apartments, so obviously someone has purchased one and is renting it out as a holiday rental.

I have managed to find some pictures of a few of the apartments, but again, this is how it looks for this specific one, not all, as again, these are all owned by different people, and not maintained as a hotel or resort by one property management system.

www.globalestateagency.net/p_display.cfm…

holiday-rentals.co.uk/Caribbean/…p71371.htm (this one seems to be the one thats being "sold" most often as a rental.

Can't find any other pictures.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hastings Tower Rentals...can you tell me about it?

Thanks Ladies. Looks like we are going to scratch it from the list. We have a few other potential spots that we are waiting to hear back from. They are private beachhouse rentals so I'm not sure if I will be able to ask you about them. We really appreciate your insight.

Bubbygirl

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
872 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hastings Tower Rentals...can you tell me about it?

Hi Bubblygirl,a few years ago I was looking to buy one of the apartments in Hastings Towers.They are open plan and quite spacious the one I viewed was.Upper floors are best,as the very busy main road wich runs into Bridgetown is just outside.Beaches over the road not great.All in all it is a place for permanent residence opposed to an holiday let ,in my view.Access to most places on the island is easy from any where,due to the good public transport .If you are looking for a beach front property to rent for a few months,try barbados.org ,good luck

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hastings Tower Rentals...can you tell me about it?

Thanks dennyandtony!

My Mum has literally been on the computer sites for 2 weeks trying to find the perfect spot for us. We either want a beachfront condo / house or a spot close to the beach with a pool. We need a place that allows smokers, for her. If we have to rent a car for the duration we will, but we know the public transit on the island is good. I just spoke to her 10 minutes ago and she is researching, reading, emailing and doing a great job narrowing down the field. Thanks very much for your input, all the information we can get helps with the planning!

Bubbygirl

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hastings Tower Rentals...can you tell me about it?

Hi There!

As an after thought, is there any recommendation for a villa / condo within close distance to the beach (no further than across the street) on either the south or west coast. If it is across the street we would like a pool. We want a full kitchen, washer, dryer, smoking etc... 2 bedrooms at a minimum and 2 bathrooms is a prerequisite. Any recommendations / leads would be greatly appreciated at this time.

Thanks in advance

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hastings Tower Rentals...can you tell me about it?

Hello Experts LOL!

It's really unfortunate that nothing has surfaced by way of rental information considering all the much-ado-about-nothing on this board half the time!

Don't worry about it, we've managed on our own LOL! Why are you here anyways? Just a curiosity that has nothing to do about beach boys and the cheapest place to find a Banks.

Bubbygirl

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hastings Tower Rentals...can you tell me about it?

I'm going to make an assumption that BUBBYGIRL must think we, the experts, spend all our day doing pro bono work for you by searching for place for visitors to stay on the island were we live. None of us are real estate agents and would have to do the same type of searching you can do on your own. We are here to give opinions about places which we know and offer suggestions about places, again, that we are familiar with.

Please note that ALL of the Destination Experts on this board have real lives, real jobs and families to take care of.

YOUR LAST COMMENT WAS VERY CONDESCENDING AND IS TOTALLY UNAPPRECIATED.

I would suggest that you not even bother to respond to this reply unless you have a valid question to ask and are willing to wait for your response.