We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Talk about bad timing !!

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Talk about bad timing !!

As my username denotes, I'm a Wolves fan and results today mean that the fight for play off places will go to the last match of the season...

That kicks off at 2pm a week on Sunday - we fly out at 2.25pm in that day :-( I'll be running around as soon as we land, trying to find out the results.

Please excuse the demented fool dashing around the CM/BO next Sunday evening ! And, hopefully, watch out for me in the local sports bars for the play off semis :-)

Oh well - if it all goes horribly wrong, I could think of worse places to be to get over it :-)

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Talk about bad timing !!

Hi Lonewolf, i can imagine how you will be feeling.My team as you know is Forest and they COULD still get automatic promotion next Saturday but they have to rely on Doncaster not winning. I will be having a heart attack at the City Ground next Saturday. Sorry again everyone for being sort of off topic again but when you are a footy fan it is very important.lol. Mind you, if i had to be ANYWHERE rather than the City Ground next week, i couldn't think of a better place than Barbados!! Have a fabulous holiday, you will have to have a rum punch or two as soon as you get there to calm your nerves. PS. Wonder if we will be deleted !!!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Talk about bad timing !!

Dont panic Lonewolf ask the cabin crew nicely if they would ask the captain to keep you updated - did if for us. Good luck to your team - mine will need it against Chelsea!

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Talk about bad timing !!

I'm saying nothing as a (lapsed) Southampton fan,5yrs ago in the cup final/Europe high in the premier wotsit & now ....AND to add insult to injury we back onto a golf course/Country club & someone is having a Caribbean night so I've been cutting the grass to the pulse of a steel pan band (quite nice but it make me think about holidays)would normally get the servants to do it but they are all out looking for petrol.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Talk about bad timing !!

The mind boggles JTD, did you try a bit of limbo too?!!! If you do me a rum punch i will come and take over the servants job !!!

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Talk about bad timing !!

Hi All!

Hey Carladay, that could be the greatest idea in the history of mankind !!!!

JTD, not so bad - Southampton are our bogey team :-(

Trying not to go far off topic - The reason for the post is that I'll be in Barbados looking for scores, so obviously a request about sports bars ;-)

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Talk about bad timing !!

Bert's Bar is a few minutes walk from BO/CM so you should be able to catch all the matches there.

I'm hoping they will show the Grand Prix or at least highlights!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
394 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Talk about bad timing !!

Carladay, the Pool will win against the Chavs! but they will Lose against UTD!!! Well heres hoping!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Talk about bad timing !!

hey lonestar. you can also go to the ship inn in st. lawrence gap for all football matches. they post dates and times of the games that they show on a chalkboard on the sidewalk. there are many other spots where you can catch a game so no worries there.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
394 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Talk about bad timing !!

Thats were I do my drinking!! Sorry watching football

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
394 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply