We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados FAQ

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
76 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Barbados FAQ

I'm fairly new visiting this forum. Planning a trip to Barbados in November. I do check the FAQ but many times the posts are from 2005, 2006 or not exactly what I am looking for. I hate to say it but if you don't want to answer a question, maybe you should not be surfing this particular forum. I finally began sending PM to people that I felt could give me the info I was after. Everyone that I contacted responded with just the right info that I needed. I really appreciate that. Lately I'm afraid that I may ask a dumb/stupid or previously asked question so I just choose to PM rather than get a lecture! No worry's.....I still can't wait to visit this wonderful island.....even if the tourist can't quite agree on how to post!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados FAQ

i am pleased to offer up any help that i can give you. don't let the negative posters keep you from asking ANY question you may have. there are enough of us here who are pleased to share any info we can to help you with your trip planning!

cheers, rootsie!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
534 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados FAQ

Startpacking, I really hope the people you sent PMs to told you to feel free to post any question you wish on this open and public forum. Your questions whether asked once, or a hundred times would proabably have been of interest to others.

If the PM system is used for answering valid travel questions the whole point of a forum is lost. If someone had answered in a negative way it is more than likely others would have not responded in this way. As the saying goes; there are no stupid questions just stupid answers.

Hope you have a good holiday in Barbados.

Clare

Swansea
Level Contributor
310 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados FAQ

Hi there,

Feel free to ask away, I do, sometimes getting 'advised' to check previous posts (noticed that's happening more and more since I first stumbled upon this site) but on the whole people are happy to share their experiences!

This site really does lessen the risk factor of booking a holiday, whilst we all have different standards and expectations, I haven't been disappointed in a holiday booked after research here!

Ignore the lectures and ask away!!That's what it's here for.

Carol

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados FAQ

Keep in mind that even though a previous post or FAQ item may be several years old it's probably still valid. Many things about Barbados rarely or never change -- the exchange rate with the US, must-see sites, the rainiest months, what type of currency to bring, etc.

But if you don't find the answer to your specific question, ask away. I don't think anyone objects to helping someone who has made a legitimate effort to find info and been unable to find it.

Ambleside, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barbados FAQ

I agree, it's a forum not a select club!

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barbados FAQ

Agree, but not the best way to start off, everyone is happy to answer questions but the FAQ's etc are only questions that have been answered already & easier to get to rather than have evryone do it all again As BP says are mostly still valid. What is you actually want to know? & if you have gone through all the options & say so at the start no-one will tell you to do it again if we know.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barbados FAQ

well true to form, at least your got your predicted lecture :)

do you have any outstanding questions? please let us know - now matter how small.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barbados FAQ

What lecture? I hope you don't mean me! I'm just agreeing & pointing out that Faq's aren't a punishment-just a short cut & people are happy to answer questions, as 'BP' said especially if they have tried to find out.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,461 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barbados FAQ

I do know what you mean. I'm not going to Barbados until January and have asked a few questions on the hotel location etc and had some very helpful replies. I still have a few questions but am hoping they will be covered in the months before I go as they may well have been asked before and I don't want to be 'told off' for not researching properly first. I'm on dial up at home and it takes ages to trawl through all the old threads. I have picked up lots of helpful tips so thanks to everybody who does post on here.

Boston
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Barbados FAQ

Lots of lurkers probably feel exactly the same way as the OP. People don't come on a travel forum to be lectured on what they should and shouldn't ask. Possibly lots have also read comments on another forum associated with this one that have put them off. Do what I do now, bite back.