We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Credit card required at Coral Mist

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Credit card required at Coral Mist

Hi

I looked in the FAQs and did a forum search - I guess my question is a bit too specific...

I remember reading a review on the CM that said a credit card is needed when you check in, to cover any expenses during your stay. Does anyone know if this is compulsory? We don't usually take cards with us and prefer to pay as we go...

Cheers

Glyn

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Credit card required at Coral Mist

Don't know about Coral Mist etc but whenever I stay anywhere this is most usual practice as hotels often operate a cashless system so you sign for stuff & pay at the end. Don't think it will be compulsory but I would ask the hotel on a specific subject like this, their word is better than anyone on here as it's thier policy.

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Credit card required at Coral Mist

Hi JTD

Thanks for that - forgot to say that I've emailed the hotel, but I'm not sure if we will get a reply before Sunday :-)

If we don't find out conclusively, we'll have to take a card just in case...

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,963 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Credit card required at Coral Mist

Hi Glyn

They will want your credit card, they put a deposit on it I believe to cover potential phone calls and I suppose any damages etc. Nothing comes off it if you don't use any services or charge trips etc to your room, they cancel it off at the end of your stay when you check out. You can leave it in the safe all holiday so shouldn't be an issue. Not long now heh?! Emma

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Credit card required at Coral Mist

I put the deposit on my credit card and when we arrived I paid cash up front. I don't recall them asking for a credit card they only told us not to charge anything to our room. It might be because we have done this the past 2 years and they know we don't charge anything. Or because they still have the card number on record. I'm not really sure. However now that I have said that. I don't think I will do that again unless I change US to BBDS because they only give you about 1.95 to 1 not the 2-1 that most places offer. Like another person has posted in there review that the deposit is based on 2-1 as they charge a three day deposit which worked out to 2-1. Next time I will just throw it on my card. I guess it would be different with the British exchange.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,963 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Credit card required at Coral Mist

Maybe because as you said Gem that you booked with them with a credit card, I booked via caribbean hotels website. Or it could be we just look like shady characters haha! I think safer to take one in any case, credit cards are also good for back up in case of emergencies, Emma

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Credit card required at Coral Mist

Thanks !

We'll take a card with us then and lock it in the safe - to avoid temptation :-)

4 more sleeps until we lose our Barbados virginity :-)

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Credit card required at Coral Mist

Hi

I did indeed get a reply from the hotel...

"Thank you for your email and you can pay cash as you go however you may not be able to charge anything to your room."

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Credit card required at Coral Mist

Thought you would be OK as i said in my pm but well worth asking around. I hope you have a fabulous time and enjoy meeting up with the others. Fingers crossed for Wolves and Forest. Have fun.

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Credit card required at Coral Mist

Thanks June!

Slightly off topic - glad to see that Leeds didn't get their points back, so you still have a chance :-)

3 more sleeps :-)

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Credit card required at Coral Mist

night night lonewolf

ZZZzzzzzz

ZZZzzzzzz