We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA Beach Picnic 11May08

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,684 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
TA Beach Picnic 11May08

Well it was really great getting to meet so many of the TA Posters who attended the beach picnic yesterday. I, unfortunately had to leave fairly early (family obligations) but I'm sure it went much later into the afternoon. I'm just prayer nobody got burnt in the hot Barbados Sun.

I'll post picture shortly (hopefully TA will not have a problem with them).

So here's who were there (I'm sure I'm missing

Thanks to Kirimist for starting this and to Emelda for the gift (the kids, and me, certianly are enjoying the chocochip shortbread cookies).

It was really really nice meeting everyone and great to now but a face to a name.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TA Beach Picnic 11May08

I was wondering how you all got on, i was imagining everyone there. Glad you had a good time and will look forward to the photo.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
534 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA Beach Picnic 11May08

I hope TA posts them too. They are a bit strict with photos and wouldn't post a couple of mine because they were 'not of general interest'. Hopefully the TA picnic is!

Clare

Australia
Level Contributor
563 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: TA Beach Picnic 11May08

That would be great Sarah, I would love to see the pics since I couldn't make it, hope they will be allowed to be posted

Jen

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,684 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TA Beach Picnic 11May08

Photo's.. ok, they allowed only 2.. but I'm posting the other group shot and others on http://sunniebgi.blogspot.com/ I'm hopeing that people will be able to see this post before TA desides it's not a good thing.

Australia
Level Contributor
563 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: TA Beach Picnic 11May08

Thanks for posting what you could Sarah. They look great, I am glad everyone had a good time, wish I was there.

Jen

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: TA Beach Picnic 11May08

Thanks for posting those Sarah, it was great to "reminisce". Seems like so long ago now. It was great to meet you and everyone else at the party. Lets plan again for next year? Lol

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TA Beach Picnic 11May08

Sounds great :-(

Sorry we missed it - we only had 2 bouts of short sickness while we were there and both were badly timed (the second meant we had to cancel our last night, romantic dinner at Whispers).

We actually made it to the beach but honestly couldn't face a crowd (and had to make a sudden exit - if you get my meaning)

It certainly looked like a good turn out !

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TA Beach Picnic 11May08

Lonewolf, poor you, i have never been sick in Barbados but have in other countries. Sunnie, loved seeing the photos and am now trying to guess who's who. Pretty impossible though.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: TA Beach Picnic 11May08

Sorry to hear you were unwell Lonewolf, thats horrible when anytime but worse when you are on holiday.

Forest, on the first picture, the far right are me and my hubby, the far left are Kirimist and her fella, back left are Verderose x 2 and their daughters Coconut 2, the front left (kneeling and standing) are the Rockleys, the aqua/blue swimsuit is Emelda and her hubby is behind and the lady in the red sarong is Butterfly Sue! (I so hope that I got that all right, bit embarrassing if I haven't Lol)

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TA Beach Picnic 11May08

Thanks Sam, i thought i had spotted you thanks to your wedding picture on the forum (Can't see it too well though) Are you going to post any more wedding pictures, would love to see some? I am going back to look at Sunnie's photos now, it should be fun putting the faces to the names.