We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Week that Ended all too Fast

Erial, New Jersey
Level Contributor
101 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
A Week that Ended all too Fast

Got back Sunday from a great week in Barbados at the Divi Southwinds. We had a very nice one bedroom suite facing the main pool and restaurant. Loved the location and the well landscaped grounds. The beach, although across the street, was not inconvenient. Had good dinners at Pisces and Cafe del Sol. We found two good lunch spots, The Flying Fish and Bean and Bagel Cafe. We also got dinner from a street vendor, forget his name, but he sets up shop around 8 pm adjacent to The Ships Inn, good ribs, chicken, macaroni pie and rice and beans. Visited Graeme Hall Sancutary and enjoyed the antics of the green monkeys at our hotel's tennis courts. Took a tour with Glory Tours that included the Mt Gay Rum Factory, Harrisons Cave, Bathsheba and St Nicholas Abbey. We found all of the people we encountered to be welcoming and cordial. The only negative was one cab driver who quoted us a price that was $20 BDS higher than the correct fare to get back to our hotel from Bridgetown, we simply went to the next available driver who quoted the correct fare.

Not sure when, but we will be back!!!!

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Week that Ended all too Fast

Welcome back, i enjoyed reading your report. It sounds like you packed quite a lot into one week. Glad you enjoyed Barbados.

Erial, New Jersey
Level Contributor
101 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Week that Ended all too Fast

forestred - Forgot to mention that I hoisted a Banks Beer in your honor, as I promised, on Sunday May 4th shortly after noon at Divi's beach bar.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Week that Ended all too Fast

Thanks Doug, glad you didn't forget. I really needed it lol !!!!! Am i remembering correctly that it was your wedding anniversary. If so i hope you had a lovely day.Cheers!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Week that Ended all too Fast

Just read your review and it's great to hear that you had such a good time at the Divi as we've booked to go there in January. The accommodation sounds lovely, I'm glad you had such a great time.

5. Re: A Week that Ended all too Fast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 13:19