We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigarettes

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cigarettes

This is a weird qwuestion but, do they sell assorted Marlboro cigarettes in Barbados? I am leaving Friday and I am unsure whether or not I should bring a carton with me. Quitting would be a great idea but, while on vacation I think that would be fairly difficult. :)

Thanks!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,646 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigarettes

I can't remember, but most of the cigs here are english brands. I don't think you can get Marlboro's, so I'd suggest you bring them with you if you want them.. (I could be sadly mistaken, but I quit when I moved here 15 1/2 years ago, and haven't purchased any since then..

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigarettes

When I USED to smoke,I loved Marlboro, the proper ones not the lites or whatever, I seem to remember that although I never did smoke ALL the Dutyfree's I brought Mrs JTD sometimes did & I seem to recall I couldn't get any but that was a few years ago now.By the way they never check at the Customs when you enter the country.....

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigarettes

I will be sure to buy a carton before I leave New York then. Thanks for getting back to me...I would have been a bit bummed if I had to smoke a new brand.

Have a good day all!!

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigarettes

I think they do sell Marlboro as i have to check out the cigarettes to bring back to my mum (not Marlboro though). I just think that i have seen them though.

Litchfield...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigarettes

you can buy marbs..tho i suggest getting them duty free (buy a carton-tax free) at the airport before you go.

dirty smoker ;o)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigarettes

You can get Marlboro Gold (or what used to be known as lights!). I would still pick some up duty free on your way out as it will probably be cheaper (and then get some more at the inbound duty free shop!!). I think they are about US$37 in there. Otherwise, they will be about $US5 or 6 in the supermarkets...

We usually buy Embassy Kings when in Barbados as they are only about US$ 3 or 4, but less places seem to be doing them now.

Can you tell I'm a smoker?!?

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cigarettes

Isn't it sad I had to post this because of a bad habit?? haha...Thanks again all, much appreciated!!

Antigua
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cigarettes

You can buy Marlboro Red, Lights and Menthol easily on the island. Also, check out the airside duty-free on arrival. Very easy and you don't have to lug the carton from NY.

Enjoy!

england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cigarettes

You should definitely buy then at the duty free shop when you arrive in Barbados. Can't remember how much they are but definitely cheaper than duty free on plane, or departures in London.

We get ripped off for cigarettes in England anyway.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cigarettes

They definitely sell them on the island and they are a lot cheaper than they are in the UK. Don't bother buying them befor eyu leave, pick them up at the arrivals duty free (where you collect your bags). I think they were about $30BDS for 200.

Nicky