We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report.....Coral Mist 27Apr-18May

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report.....Coral Mist 27Apr-18May

Well another wonderful holiday on my favourite island.

Flew out with Virgin in PE. Used the twilight check-in service and got extra leg-room seats upstairs, which was wonderful. Managed to get told off by the flight crew when ducatigirlsam and hubby-to-be came and sat opposite us on the crew seat for a drink though...tee hee!

Arrived at CM and did a quick trip to Big Bs before they closed for the holiday the following day - you know, all the essentials - Banks, Mount Gay, Coke, oh and a little food!

The hotel continues to be well maintained and the view from our room was great. First night tradition of Just Grillin had to be observed before crashing out.

I won't cover each day of the next 3 weeks because you'll all fall asleep, but to summarise.....

Car Hire:

Stoutes wonderful as usual

Restaurants/Food:

Did some old familiar favourites -

Just Grillin

Flying Fish

Harlequins

Bstro 59 - at Coral Mist - Variable breakfasts, fab lunches (flying fish sandwich and chips or salad - yum!) and one evening meal (that was massively salty)

Champers (bit of a probem with table booking, but food still good)

The Cliff (wonderful)

Mr Delicious (fab roti)

Oistins on a friday - fab food at The Fish Net, good chilled evenings.

- together with some new places for us -

Lone Star (whilst hob-nobing with the Emeldas - v nice)

McBrides (great fish)

Round House (great lunch)

Wispers (gorgeous setting, but didn't feel food/service were as good as the Cliff)

Indian Grill (fab roti)

Shakers (best of the lot - $70+BDS for 3 Banks, 2 cokes, rum&coke, 2 fish dinners and a massive mudslide dessert drink - Turn up by Bubbas and then left just before the Chicken Galore sign - will definitely go there next trip)

Weather was fantastic for the whole 3 weeks, some cloud but rain was all at night.

Managed to visit quite a few places including Brighton Beach and Foul Bay which were both desserted, Malibu Beach Club for the tour (Malibu here is 22$BDS a litre vs 36$BDS in the supermarket), Bottom Bay (bit busy the day we went as a travel insurance ad was being filmed), Miami Beach (my fave), Bathsheba. Amazingly only had a divorce moment whilst driving and getting lost once in 10 days of car hire and that was trying to find Foul Bay (easy if you follow the beach access sign and don't try and follow the map by taking a road beforehand!!!). Of course a special mention of the visit to the Emelda mansion at Royal Westmoreland - what a place, beautiful.

Events:

Roots & Rhythms show - fab, but followed by a strange fuzzy-headed feeling the next day....blamed on the stop at Mojos on the way home.

Cool Runnings - Fab day out apart from the man sitting next to me who kept crossing his legs and putting his foot in my face. Great crew & food.

Horse racing - great way of amusing my parents on their cruise stop when thye had to stay out of the sun (due to a little too much the day before on a jeep in St Lucia!)

Diving - With Roger's scuba shack - Did some great dives. No more than 4 people with me each time. Did the Stavronikita with just one other plus the divemaster.

Sunday at Crystal Waters - Ah, turned up just as the music finished.....maybe next time!

TA Beach Picnic - Got there early to stake our pitch then realised we had no way of recognising people. Good that the first few to turn up were people we knew from CM or past trips. Great to meet Sunnie and ButterflySue.

The wedding of the year - fab day, including preparations, for Sam's wedding. Every went like clockwork and the photos do the day justice (now looking forward to reception this weekend!)

Flight home was as good as a flight home can be....boooo.

Next task: Book up for next year!!!! Never too early.

Nicky

Glory Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Emmanuel Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours
Coconut Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report.....Coral Mist 27Apr-18May

Forgot about the Parents & the Cruise stop how did that work out?

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report.....Coral Mist 27Apr-18May

Glad to hear you liked Shakers. I thought it was reasonable. They owners are very nice.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,543 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report.....Coral Mist 27Apr-18May

Great report Nicky, will have to add Shakers to my list - sounds like excellent value!

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report.....Coral Mist 27Apr-18May

thanks Nicky...love reading these reports. Glad you had a great time.

CM x

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report.....Coral Mist 27Apr-18May

Excellent report Nicky! Makes me realise how much I missed off mine! Lol

See you Saturday x

Salisbury UK
Level Contributor
432 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report.....Coral Mist 27Apr-18May

Thanks for the report Nicky....memories memories!!!

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report.....Coral Mist 27Apr-18May

JTD

All worked out with the parents thanks....apart from their taxi driver not knowing where the hotel was. I was waiting outside and saw the taxi go straight past. Luckily my mum saw the sign and they turned round as I was frantically trying to phone them!!!

Had a wander round the hotel, had lunch and then went off to the races for the afternoon. Sadly didn't win enough to fund the same trip next year!

Nicky

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report.....Coral Mist 27Apr-18May

Great report Nicky, glad you had another great time. I have never heard of Shakers so that's something new to me. The wedding photos are great, you looked lovely in your red dress. I bet it was nice looking round Emelda's castle, we drove round Royal Westmoreland last November and had a few peeks over the walls! Very nice, but it was back to Blue Orchids for us. Not that i am complaining! At least the sun's shining a bit for you back in old England, enjoy the wedding reception.

9. Re: Trip Report.....Coral Mist 27Apr-18May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 05:25