We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harrison Cave

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
643 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Harrison Cave

Hi All,Any feedback from anyone that visited lately? How is it since it reopened, I'm planning to visit.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harrison Cave

We visited on our trip in May. It didn't seem that much different to the previous visit I must say. There is a new exhibition area now before you go in to watch the video on how Barbados came in to existence and then you take the tram tour. We thought it was good but weren't anywhere near as impressed as our first visit, just because I suppose we had seen it before. It is still a great trip if you haven't been before, if you have not sure it is worth another visit. (Unless you have a burning desire to visit again)

Don't think we'll go again now though. Oh one tip, where darker clothing, my hubby had a light t-shirt on and all you can see in all the pics are drips all over him lol!

Have you been to St.Nicholas Abbey before? that is nice to visit. Have fun, Emma

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harrison Cave

It was interesting to learn a little about the BBDS' water source and to see the pretty mineral formations. It's not that much time, or money, so it's worth a visit, especially if you're taking a youngster.

uk
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harrison Cave

Also its worth checking if open - I know in Jan it was only open Wed-Sat

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Harrison Cave

We went in May and thought it was over-priced. Unless you are seriously into stalagmites, we wouldn't recommend it - far nicer caves elsewhere.

Totally agree about St Nicholas Abbey. Fascinating and well worth the visit. Free rum tasting too! :)

Shropshire
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harrison Cave

I went in the last week. Having travelled there on a Monday to find it closed mondays, we returned on a wednesday. The weather was rainy and therefore used the location as a wet weather option. Whilst all very nice, it is not as good as it is hyped up to be, and despite reading in a travel journal that you can swim in the underground lake; you cannot.

In summary, over priced for what it is but a pleasant hour or so nevertheless.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harrison Cave

As I have said before ..a cave is a cave..seen one...

Edwinal..

Where did you end up staying & is it any good??

Shropshire
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harrison Cave

We stayed in the Almond Beach Village and found it a very nice resort. Quite colonial in appearance and I can understand if not to everybodys taste, but having stayed at several Caribbean Islands with British influence, we enjoyed our stay, and found the (upgraded) accomodation more than adequate for our needs.

A Suzuki Jeep for the fortnight made a big differance as we were able to travel the length and breadth of the island, and believe me: North, South, East & West are all very differant.

The small size of the island meant that for example, if the cave was closed, we could return another day without it being a big inconvenience.

8. Re: Harrison Cave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 19:16