We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cricket tour 2009

rib
Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cricket tour 2009

Hi

I am in the early stages of gathering info to visit Barbados for the cricket in March 2009, just currently looking at accomodation and have my eye on a few I like - so far it the Southern Surf Beach Apts or Coral Mist - anyone can recommend any more reasonably priced and clean places - would be appreciated. And I have found some reasonably priced flights with BMI from Manchester. There are just a few extra questions.

*Do I need to book sooner rather than later for the accomodation, do they booked up pretty quickly??

*And the big question is the tickets, should I buy from the ECB over here or are there any links or contacts where its easier to buy direct from Barbados

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks loads

Hx

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Island Explorer Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Glory Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Breezing Water Sports
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cricket tour 2009

I would definitely book your accommodation sooner rather than later.

As for tickets, I'm not sure when they go on sale, but bear in mind that Barbadians do not tend to buy tickets 9 months before the match. The WICB has a website:

www.windiescricket.com

How much use it'll be this far in advance, I don't know.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cricket tour 2009

I would sort everything out as soon as you can because it certainly is first come first served. I queued up for over 5hrs to get my tickets for their last tour at Kensington!!! Once you've got everything booked there won't be any panic. I hope they've sorted a more efficient system for tickets here for next year or else I will be camping out!!!How many people are travelling in your party????

rib
Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cricket tour 2009

hi,

there are just the two of us. Hopefully I will get the flights and accomodation booked by the end of this week.

Is there a huge problem with allocation of tickets? We have never done this before, its a holiday we've always promised each other! we were going to go back to Thailand, but when the tour was announced we have put Thailand on hold.

I really dont want this to go wrong - booking flights and acc. then finding its difficult to get tickets.

Anybody have any hints or advice or is just a matter of checking the English Cricket Board website

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Hx

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,478 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cricket tour 2009

I would book your accommodation as soon as possible. Blue Orchids/Coral Mist get booked up during peak season anyway, without the additional interest caused by the cricket.

As far as accommodation is concerned you have made a couple of good choices there. I have stayed at both CM and Southern Surf and would go back to both of them. I have stayed at CM 4 times now and intend to go back there or to Blue Orchids again next year. Having said that, if they were full or if I wanted slightly cheaper accommodation I would go back to Southern Surf, its a great little place, its just that the beach/sea front location at BO/CM is that little bit better.

Hope you get things sorted.

Nicky

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cricket tour 2009

Watch this space for info about tickets I'll keep you all informed!!

rib
Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cricket tour 2009

awww thanks ButterflySue, that would be great. I can honestly say, now we have decided upon this holiay am sooo looking forward to it.

Hx

Lancs, England
Level Contributor
261 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cricket tour 2009

Hi Rib

I am also going for the test match and looked at Southern Surf. Sadly they informed me that they are fully booked for the duration of the cricket. I have emailed the WI cricket a couple of times regarding the tickets but they have not replied. If I do hear from them I will let you know as I think there are quite a few of us all wanting to know the same thing!

uk.
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cricket tour 2009

i buy em from the locals.they are far to busy earning money from the tourists, then to go and watch the cricket. except for the saturday.not so many brits going this time round.on the last england tour 65 per cent of tickets sold to the home nation,but 85 per cent of the crowd guess what, brits.i was paying 35..50bds for 21bds tickets dailey, only lasted 3 days lol.

uk.
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: cricket tour 2009

and just to add i was buying tickets for 43 people, back home they paid £250 for the 5 days.

rib
Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cricket tour 2009

hi,

so what you are saying it is probs ok to wait to buy some over there??

Or if anyone out there has a contact to buy tickets locally before going, please send an instant message. Cheers

Hx