We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hmmmm ! webcam.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
hmmmm ! webcam.

Just lookin' at the webcam of Mullins, what a beautiful place, so many memories....

Ontario
Level Contributor
716 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hmmmm ! webcam.

It's sad to see all those empty beach chairs...

uk
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hmmmm ! webcam.

Maybe they are empty because they know the webcam is there! I know I would'nt want to be "on view"

What I find surprising is the bar seems to get empty very early. Does anyone know what time it closes? I had thought it would be an ideal place for a drink to watch the sunset and chill out, but it always seems to be empty at that time.

Ontario
Level Contributor
716 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hmmmm ! webcam.

I love the irony of the banner at the top of the webcam page..."Welcome to a world of private luxury.” How private is it when people half way round the world are watching as one picks sand from their bathing suit bottoms! ~smiles~

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hmmmm ! webcam.

When it was Mullins Beach bar it always seemed full ....cocktail time was fabbo....we used to stay at 'Newhaven' just up the way a bit, walk down slow, walk back slower...

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hmmmm ! webcam.

JTD do you mean stagger, stagger, ha ha!! Yes I agree about it being beautiful, I just love going there and swimming in that lovely sea.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hmmmm ! webcam.

Come to think of it I'd rather see no beach chairs...

Ontario
Level Contributor
716 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hmmmm ! webcam.

I love watching first thing in the morning before the chairs are put out. Everyone meeting for their early morning "soak and gossip" in the water.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hmmmm ! webcam.

Looks perfect just now, all the beach chairs put away and a few locals having a swim! ahhhhhhhh I wish! Emma

uk
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hmmmm ! webcam.

I've just been watching and dreaming too!!

Can anyone confirm its 6.30pm now (as per top of the page) Do you have more daylight hours in summer (in Jan it went dark at approx 6-6.30)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: hmmmm ! webcam.

There is no daylight savings time in Barbados. They tried it once back in the 1970s and the government of the day lost power. Since then no one wants to touch it, not even with a 10-foot pole. The summer days seem shorter to us watching the webcam because it is still light here in the north. It is going to be a totally different experience for us come winter when we are in the dark at 3:00 pm and there is still 3 hours of light on Mullins Beach.