We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spirits

wigan
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Spirits

Just wandering if its worthwhile taking a bottle of spirits (vodka)with us,for a "flier"before we turn out.Or are bottles cheap enough to buy over there.

guildford
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Spirits

expensive to buy vodka etc and drink out there but very cheap to buy duty free and bring home!

would reccommend buying vodka duty free at the airport on the way out.

rum is very cheap thou......

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spirits

Every alcoholic beverage except banks beer,malibu and rum is expensive on island and has just been increased in price by our budget whatever you can pick up at the airport at Manchester will be cheaper!!

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,332 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spirits

Sue

With the recent increase in costs of alcohol, do you know how much a bottle of vodka now is at the arrivals duty free at the airport? It used to be about $20BDS I recall correctly.

Nicky

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Spirits

The new taxes on alcohol haven't taken effect yet - I think it's either Aug or Sep. We are still at the "budget debate" stage - nothing that has been discussed has taken effect, and could still be changed. i.e. nothing is carved in stone!

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spirits

I'm with Nicky on this. Buying vodka at the duty free in the arrivals hall once you get to Barbados has certainly been cheaper than buying it before leaving the UK.

I love your name by the way. Somehow I can't imagine a fernando coming from Wigan! Please don't take offence as nomne is meant. It's just my sense of humour........

Jackie

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spirits

Not like UK budget where everything goes up same day apart from allowances and pensions!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Spirits

I would also buy at Manchester Airport.

Butterflysue, it is not all gloom and doom in the UK, we dont do too badly.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Spirits

I would also buy at Manchester Airport.

Butterflysue, it is not all gloom and doom in the UK, we dont do too badly.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Spirits

Sorry didn't mean to post it twice!

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spirits

Surely there is more to plan when visiting a beautiful island than where your next drink is coming from & how much it costs!