We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mullins Webcam

northampton
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mullins Webcam

Has someone got fed up of big brother?

Jo9
Bristol, England
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mullins Webcam

Trying to kick the habit but keep on getting sucked back in again.

Seems to be mighty busy-not sure I would choose to go there any more.

uk
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mullins Webcam

Jo9 - just so Im not totally confused I,ve just had a look 12.20 and the bar is totally empty and it looks to me as if someone has knocked the webcam so you cant see the beach?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mullins Webcam

LOL, John Edwards must be in town.

dorval
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mullins Webcam

Nobody likes to have big brother watching over us, but where would we be without some sort of security?

Sure,it takes away from what we're trying to get away from. The idea of palm trees swaying in the breeze and the blue sea are intoxicating enough...

without Mount Gay soaking our brains, but let's be honest....big brother is there to protect. Pay no attention, do no wrong and you have nothing to worry about. And, besides, don't you have something better to do than to look up in the trees for these things?

Smile...and enjoy the island. Big brother just might be jogging down the beach too. So what!!

Paragon 140

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mullins Webcam

Has anyone contacted Streamdays about this camera yet? LOL! Here is the contact information - networkwebcams.co.uk/blog/…

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,792 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mullins Webcam

Sorry to be thick but who's John Edwards......apart from my other half that is?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mullins Webcam

He is a US Senator in the news because he was having an affair which he denied but later admitted.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,792 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mullins Webcam

Oh that John Edwards, I have heard of him after all, not the recent news story though!

Thanks for the info.

northampton
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mullins Webcam

Sorry, Paragon, afraid I don't agree. This is a promotional webcam for RW to show a beautiful beach and trendy bar. They also have one for the golf course.

If it was for security purposes, it would not be broadcast on their website, just in case someone was shown to be doing something less than acceptable at an up-market destination.

I don't have any problem, whatsoever, about security personnel patrolling the beach, but, that is completely different from being filmed secretly whilst I am sunbathing (not a pretty sight) or having a meal. Having viewed the webcam previously (and, to be honest, had a bit of a laugh on occasion - bit ashamed about that!) I would avoid the RW sunbeds like the plague and would make sure I sat at a table, out of sight, at the far end of the beach bar.

Perhaps you didn't see the pics when it was first set up. Amusing to us voyeurs, but desperately embarassing for some people who were caught on it if they knew what we were watching. Lovely to see a beautiful beach and people enjoying themselves BUT too close and too personal.

In my opinion - not nice. Maybe RW have come round to that way of thinking; maybe they have had complaints. But believe me, it has nothing to do with "security".

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Mullins Webcam

jprkjr I think you are probably correct in your assumptions.