We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do in early december?

UK
Level Contributor
156 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
things to do in early december?

Hello again,

We are visiting for the first 3 weeks of december (too expensive at Christmas) and wanted some suggestions for things to do. Been before so have visited most popular attractions and therefore looking for something a bit dfferent, please.

We plan to go to the racing at Garrison Savannah.

Anyone recommend the aerial trek?

ditto the submarine?

Any other gardens to visit (love Andromeda and Hunte's)?

Are there any music concerts at that time?

finally, can anyone tell me their experience of brunch / lunch at Fisherpond?

any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do in early december?

Have you tried the Flower Forest, its lovely and peaceful there and there are some great views.

The other place I love is St John's Church. The views are fantastic down the east coast and the graveyard is really interesting.

Nicky

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,147 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: things to do in early december?

Having been to Barbados before this should be easy for you, really. Just take a look at Things to Do on the left side of the page and go for it. In December everything is available so just have fun.

Brunch, try the Sunday Hilton Brunch, excellent. Some have like the Crane, yes Fisherpond is great as is the Roundhouse on Sunday after 1 PM with Aubry Cummings singing away making one just fel the depth of his deep voice.

Try Orchid World a fantastic display of orchids, go visit St.John's Church, take a walk along the beaches of the East Coast, try Bottom Bay.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: things to do in early december?

I would second Canby's suggections of Sunday lunch at the Roundhouse listening to Aubrey Cummins, what a fantastic way to spend 2-3 hours! I also enjoy the Crane sunday brunch. I would make reservations for both prior to leaving for Barbados as they can get pretty busy. I would also suggest watching the sunset at Cocomo's as was, with a few happy hours sundowners :o) (now some silly name which I can never remember lol!)

One of my favourites's is also St.Nicholas Abbey and the great black and white cinefilm show they have of Barbados 100 years ago, seen it twice now and would certainly watch it again!makes hubby and I laugh every time!

Finally Barbados is just not Barbados without a trip on Coolrunnings at least once for me! Have fun! Emma

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: things to do in early december?

You could also try afternoon tea at Sunbury Plantation in St Phillip. There will be concerts on I will keep people posted about those. There is usually a lovely Christmas concert on Speightstown Esplanade the week before Christmas so you may still be here for that. Watch is space!!

UK
Level Contributor
156 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: things to do in early december?

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Sunday brunch at the Roundhouse sounds particularly good (never been there before, don't know why). I will make a point of finding out about the Spieghtstown concert, that should be really lovely. Thanks for all the great ideas. We always find something 'new' on the island, as well as our old favourites.

6. Re: things to do in early december?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 16:21