We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday brunch

UK
Level Contributor
593 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday brunch

We are going to Barbados in October for 8 days and want to book a Sunday brunch. We are staying in the Hilton but wondered about either The Crane or The Roundhouse as we like the idea of entertainment as well as the food.

I know the music at the Crane is a Gospel group but what is the music at The Roundhouse like. We are huge Jimmy Buffet fans - is it anything like that?

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday brunch

Hi, I'm sorry I don't know who Jimmy Buffet is but Aubrey Cummings who sings at the Roundhouse is great, he does some of his own material and some cover versions but in his own style. I have to say we loved listening to him and will definately go again when we are back in November.

I have put a link to his album below, you can listen to the tracks for yourself. I must say I much preferred the material he played at the Roundhouse though, hubby and I got a bit bored with the album after a few tracks, but at least it will give you some idea what he is about. Emma

sweetsoca.com/easy_listening/aubreycummings_…

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday brunch

I also would recommend The Roundhouse. Excellent venue, and Aubrey Cummings is great on guitar.

http://www.roundhousebarbados.com/index.htm.

By the way, The Hilton has an excellent buffet Sunday Brunch, but they usually don't have entertainment.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday brunch

As well as the gospel brunch at The Crane there's a lunch with steel pan band. We intend to go to that in March as we've been to the gospel brunch a couple of times.

We also love The Roundhouse but haven't yet tried the Sunday lunch. That's for another time.

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday brunch

We enjoy Sunday lunch at Southern Palms in St Lawrence Gap. They have a very nice buffet and steel pan band as entertainment. Lovely to go for a swim on the gorgeous beach afterwards! (also not too far from the Hilton)

Salisbury UK
Level Contributor
432 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday brunch

There is the "Brown Sugar Restaurant" which is a short walk away from the Hilton which does an excellent Sunday brunch(Planters Buffet Lunch).

They have a steel pan band and the the setting is superb and with the variety of local food gives you a chance to sample the local fare.

http://brownsugarbarbados.com/

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday brunch

"We are huge Jimmy Buffet fans - is it anything like that?"

Parrotheads in the UK??? That just seems... unnatural ;-)

UK
Level Contributor
593 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday brunch

Hi bpfife

Yip, Parrotheads in the UK!! There can't be many of us here. We have really enjoyed his music for a while now, after a number of holidays in the US. Last year we went to Boston for a weekend to see Jimmy in concert, which was fabulous. Next weekend we are going to see him in Paris - can't wait. Would really love him to do a concert in UK.

VIRGINIA
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday brunch

The entertainment at the Crane Sunday Brunch is great, if you like gospel music. The singers are always good, and very enthusiastic. The brunch is good but not outstanding. The have the standard breakfast foods, eggs, sausage, pastries, fruit and omelets cooked to order. Also cereals and a number of other foods I can't remember. :)

I actually liked the food at the Sunday lunch better, this year, but the entertainment consisted of one guy playing a steel drum to recorded music. I have only been to the lunch one time, so the entertainment may be better at other times. The view from the resturant is always outstanding, and I'm sure you would enjoy either brunch or lunch at the Crane.

9. Re: Sunday brunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 09:23