We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Barbados from London in November

UK
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
Flights to Barbados from London in November

Hello everyone,

My wife and I are thinking about going to Barbados from 19/11 to 29/11. Both BA and Virgin flights were about £400 until this week when they have jumped up to £670. Having never been to Barbados before I am not sure whether £400 was a really good price which is not likely to come back or do these offers/price run every now and then?

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreicated, as at £670 a seat we can't really afford to go.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Tom

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,622 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Barbados from London in November

You should have booked them when you saw them. Both airlines had a Sale on, hence the lower prices and the Sale is now over.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Barbados from London in November

Not sure whether this is right but I was told that as the plane seats are filled that the prices go up.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Barbados from London in November

Thats what happens with scheduled flights whereas with charter flights like First Choice and Thomsons they reduce flights near to take-off to fill the plane up. Scheduled flights take of full or empty!! Check out www.cheapflights.co.uk

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,622 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Barbados from London in November

St Lucia,

yes, pretty much all scheduled airlines use fluid pricing where the price goes up the more seats booked for each flight. Sometimes they come down again closer to the dep date depending on the time of year. Even during sale periods I have seen the price of flights go up and down daily/weekly due to booking patterns for the same flights.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Barbados from London in November

Hi

£400 is a good price,we were intending going with Virgin in January,have just got a Virgin credit card,with the intention of collecting the air miles,although we have just got flights with BMI for £296 each return,but will still collect the air miles for a possible later date in the year and as another option.

I just had a look on Virgin and you can go with 4000 air miles for two people at £458.90 per person.you get a bonus of 3000 miles on first spend,so it wouldnt take long to get that extra 1000 air miles.

But Im not sure if you would have time to accumulate the air miles for when you want to go as it takes about two months after first spend for them to be acredited to your account,but its well worth looking into for the future.

Hope this helps

Steve

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Barbados from London in November

Sorry to say it, but £400 was a good price, when you consider that tax is approx £200 from Gatwick - Barbados. I paid £395 for a Virgin flight for November. I booked direct with Virgin as it was cheaper than the travel agent discounts I get (normally I save £200-£300 a ticket).

7. Re: Flights to Barbados from London in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 19:19