We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fares from the airport

bristol UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fares from the airport

I wanted a idea of a reasonable cost from the airport to Coconut Court Beach Hotel. Don't want to get ripped off on arrival.

Nr. Winchester...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fares from the airport

Don't worry there is a supervisor at arrivals that helps you with all that, also there is a board with the fares on. One word of warning though the Barbados dollar is worth Half of what a US$ is so do make sure that you know what currency you are dealing in, it has been known to quote in BDS & then charge $US.

bristol UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fares from the airport

So is it normal for the taxi drivers to quote in US dollars, and what is a ballpark figure - just so I know what to expect

Nr. Winchester...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fares from the airport

Normal to quote in BDS$ but it has been known by some (not many) unscupulous persons to say "no it was US$" this is something to be aware of NOT to worry about. Coconut Court- I don't know never been but I reckon 30/40BDS$ someone will tell you before long, there is a post somewhere that has a link to taxi fares but I don't know where to find it.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fares from the airport

Last year we paid 40 bds from Blue Orchids to the airport. Coconut Court isn't too far from there so it shouldn't cost much more I don't think.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fares from the airport

This is the site that I have for taxi fares, but it doesn't look like the rates have been updated.

barbados-guide.info/getting.around/taxis/

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,355 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi fares from the airport

I would think you're looking at about 45-50BDS$ to Coconut Court.

bristol UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi fares from the airport

Thanks a lot just wanted an idea. Can't wait to get there.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi fares from the airport

Hey rognbev

I am staying at the Coconut Court in the middle of Nov - 4 weeks or so and counting. Let me know how it was when ya get back.

bristol UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi fares from the airport

Reviews all look OK for the price of the hotel. Have some friends who recommended the Amarylis which is just along the beach as they liked the location but the Amarylis is a lot more expensive. Will let you know.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,866 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi fares from the airport

as you are in Barbados, the taxi drivers should only quote you Barbados Dollars. I would walk out of the arrivals hall, and go left to the taxi supervisor and ask him to get you a taxi based on your destination. I would say your looking at about 40.00bbd (www.barbados.org or www.visitbarbados.org should have information). Also ask if there is any additional fees for baggage. and don't let them take you for a ride, if you know what I mean. make sure you get the amount upfront.