We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking a cab for 3-4 hours

North Bay
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Topic
Booking a cab for 3-4 hours

My wife and I are visiting Barbados in Dec. 2008. We would like to visit Batheseba, Cherry Hill and St. Nicholas Abbey. Neither of us are particularily interested in driving so we thought about booking a cab for 3-4 hours.

Would 3-4 hours be enough time to visit these areas/sites and what is the going hourly rate to book a cab? Also would be interested in the name of a reliable cab driver/tour guide so to speak.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

northbay

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking a cab for 3-4 hours

I will speak to my friend Nutmeg for you. He is a cab driver and often does day trips for tourists in Barbados. I am not sure on cost - I will let you know. Where are you staying in the island?

North Bay
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking a cab for 3-4 hours

Hi glittergirl85

We will be staying at Southern Palms.

northbay

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking a cab for 3-4 hours

Ok. I will speak to him tonight to find out rates.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking a cab for 3-4 hours

My friend said that 3-4 hours would cost approx USD80 per person to hire a taxi. I guess this is something you can arrange locally, or if you want, send me an email with your dates, and I will see if he is available for your dates.

Suffolk, VA
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking a cab for 3-4 hours

Hi, check out my earlier post about the Sunday public bus trip. Depending on your arrival you can take a trip with the locals! http://transportboard.com/ser_scenictour.php

We found that many employees at our hotel were also private cab drivers on their days off.

Have fun!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
380 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking a cab for 3-4 hours

Hi

I was quoted $50 Barbados and hour when I was there in January this year. Just ask around and take the best price and the driver you think will be best for you.

7. Re: Booking a cab for 3-4 hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 14:19