We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dover Beach

england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dover Beach

This is my favourite spot to pass the day while on holiday. Can anyone tell me if the apartments are finished and if the beach area at the Marasol/Scotties end has changed at all.

Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dover Beach

Mine too billydove! I'm off on Saturday, so will let you know!! I have to say, I'm not a fan of those apartments :O(

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dover Beach

I hope you have another wonderful time in Barbados LittleMissRed. Have fun.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dover Beach

Thanks Forestred - I plan to!! Just looked on the Mullins webcam and it's raining :O(

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
643 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dover Beach

When I was there in June, the construction wasn't complete.

LMR, Let's hope all that rain clears up by the time we arrive on Saturday!

I love Dover Beach too, the chair guys are really nice.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dover Beach

Hi billydove. I was there for the 1st 2 weeks of September. The apartments are not even close to being finished. The complex consists of 3 banks of apartments. It's absolutely massive. They have finished pouring concrete and there are a few windows in but that's about it. I feel it will be under construction for at least 2 more years. We usually sit among the trees in front of the apartments and I found that although it was noisy there wasn't as much dust flying around as before. The beach at Marasol remains the same.

Liz

england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dover Beach

Thanks for all your replies. We usually sit by the trees too, but nearer the sea. Maybe I know some of you, usually go in January and will be there from 14 Jan to 18 Feb this time. We don't stay at Marasol but rent somewhere up by top rock.

The chair guys are great. It is always good to see Tiger, and of course visit Scotties.

Although wasn't keen when we saw the apartments going up (no-one likes change, especially on their favourite beach) I must admit if I won the lottery I wouldn't turn one down!

7. Re: Dover Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 20:17