We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top activities in Barbados

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Top activities in Barbados

What are some of the top activities to do in Barbados? Are there great fishing tours? shopping? historical sites to see? day trips?

Thanks,

S.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,603 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top activities in Barbados

Take a look on the left side of this page "Things To Do" and you'll find the list below. just click on what intrests you and you'll find what people have said.

Is there something that you particularly like to do? If you let this forum know I'm sure you will get a number of comments.

Art Happenings October 2008

Art Galleries

Nightlife

Events & Festivals

de Heart uh Barbados

Off the Beaten Path

Gibbes Beach

Earthworks Pottery

Shopping

The Performing Arts

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
London
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Top activities in Barbados

Thanks Canby I found it. It looks like if we book when we want to that we may be in town for the Barbados Jazz Festival in January - that would be great.

Bathsheba looks interesting as well. Is there anywhere on the TripAdvisor site I can get more information or see pitures?

Thanks for your help.

Sam

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Bathsheba
Bathsheba
Barbados
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,603 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top activities in Barbados

What you would do is put key words in the search box such as Roundhouse a favourite restaurant on the East Coast and then you would get comments from people who have been there.

Then just continue to enter sites and search out things. It can be tedious but there's quite a bit of information there.

Then come back with questions and you'll get answers from many people with all sorts of opinions.

Best of Luck

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top activities in Barbados

Hello. I'm not sure if you're looking for specific pictures, but if you click on the heading on the left 'traveler photos' you'll see hundreds.

barbados
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Top activities in Barbados

Sirspamalot,here's a website where you can view nice photos of barbados...http://www.barbadosphotogallery.com/ check out the Hiking section for great pics.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Top activities in Barbados

Check out the SeaEye www.theseaeye.com

A great way to visit the turtles. It's a funky glass bottom boat but we loved it.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top activities in Barbados

Hi sirspamalot

You probably already know this but I believe there is a tourist dapartment in Bridgetown where you could inquire about a historical tour. There is quite a bit of history in bridgetown, buildings and historical locations - markers and things. I plan on doing this myself.

Mentioned in this post
Bridgetown
Bridgetown
Barbados
Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top activities in Barbados

There's a lot of information to be found on the Barbados Tourism Authority site at

www.visitbarbados.org

As far as historical sites, I believe St. Nicholas Abbey is very interesting. It's relitavely recently opened and I hear great things about the tour. You could also do the Mt. Gay rum tour, the George Washington House, Sunbury Plantation house and more.

There are several sport fishing boats here, you can see more at

http://barbados.org/spfish.htm

Loads of day trips, some on coashes and some in 4X4 jeeps. Two of those are Adventureland Tours and Island Safari. A good coach tour in my opinion is Teds Tours.

Have a good look around the 2 sites I put links to here, they have a lot of good info on what you're looking for.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
St. Nicholas Abbey
St. Nicholas Abbey
1,815 Reviews
Barbados
George Washington House
George Washington House
380 Reviews
Barbados
Sunbury Plantation House
Sunbury Plantation House
313 Reviews
Barbados
Ted's Tours
Ted's Tours
552 Reviews
Barbados
Exmouth England
Level Contributor
699 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top activities in Barbados

I would suggest a catamaran trip definitely, Cool Runnings is fantastic, great day out, snorkeling with turtles, fantastic lunch and brilliant crew, also the Barbados Wildlife Reserve, Oistins on a Friday, the East Coast, ohhh just everything.

If you like shopping then Bridgetown is a must, Animal Flower Cave in the North is lovely.

Have a lovely time :-)

Mentioned in this post
Barbados Wildlife Reserve
Barbados Wildlife Reserve
874 Reviews
Barbados
Bridgetown
Bridgetown
Barbados
Animal Flower Cave
Animal Flower Cave
1,151 Reviews
Barbados
Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top activities in Barbados

Hi

There's also the Concorde exhibition if you're that way inclined - you get to go on board a real, honest to goodness Concorde :-)

Definite do Oistins - Friday night was our preference, go for a walk around Bridgetown and Garrison Savannah is a great day out if you are there on race day.

Mentioned in this post
Bridgetown
Bridgetown
Barbados
Barbados Garrison
Barbados Garrison
210 Reviews
Barbados
Savannah Beach Hotel
Savannah Beach Hotel
1,740 Reviews
Barbados