We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mullins beach webcam / Omar impact

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Mullins beach webcam / Omar impact

Watching Mullins webcam at 13.00 today you can see it's more like Crane beach than the Caribbean! RW beach guys not sure if they should put our the beds in case they get washed away!

Interesting to see how much the beach has changed due to Omar - considering how far away it actually is/was.

We were on the West coast last week and could walk from Lone Star to Holetown - albeit beach a bit narrow in places. At Zaccios the last storm had taken the beach away so no room for beds down there in Holetown. I guess the entire west coast beaches will have been affected in some way.

A bit of a shame today - looks like the storm will pull away and finally be a bit of sun - but too rough to put the beds out!!

Ah well just have to look forward to 2009..

Jim

south east
Level Contributor
939 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mullins beach webcam / Omar impact

well they seem to have risked putting out the beds, but right close to the beach bar. As you say, it looks rather rough today, albeit the weather looks gorgeous. Quite often seems to be the case that when the west coast gets rough seas, the weather can be good.

Hope things continue to improve by the weekend as I am off to BGI. Just hope there are some beaches left on the west coast! How bad was Surfside beach? I have seen it reduced to rubble before now!

London, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mullins beach webcam / Omar impact

Hope the weather behaves itself by the time we get there at the beginning of December!!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mullins beach webcam / Omar impact

Surfside beach was actually ok just cocomos/zachios had been pushed up almost to the steps.

Has been fun watching how far up the swell was at Mullins today - by 2pm barbados time they moved all the people off the beach and removed the beds even though the sun was shining bright - but quite right as it was getting a bit dangerous!

Now at 2.30 bgi time it;s dark and very wild.

On stormcarib it looks like the tail of omar has moved south and near to bgi so I can understad why the surf is up!

Shame as I think quite a lot of folks out on school hols just now...

Enjoy your trip hope weather improves!

Jim

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mullins beach webcam / Omar impact

Yeah the waves look HUGE!Quite amazing how much worse it has got in the last 30 minutes or so! It is a shame for the beaches, think they will of taken a real hammering by the end of the day!

south east
Level Contributor
939 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mullins beach webcam / Omar impact

Woh Emma you are quite right! Just looked at the still photos as the live webcam is now pointed in the direction of the restaurant. The pink parasol beach chair guy looked seriously at risk of being washed away! Wonder if the beach bar will be affected this time. I remember earlier in the year part of it was virtually destroyed.

Just looked on Weather.com and it does look as though the hurricane is breaking up now, but there certainly seems to be a lot of cr-p in the Atlantic. Hope that is well dissipated before I fly over it at the weekend - can't stand rough flights!

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
162 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mullins beach webcam / Omar impact

The webcam is too addictive, I spend way too long watching it - I have never seen the sea like it is right now there though - this is more what I would expect to see off Bathsheba.

For those who are fairly new to this forum - go peep

…remotemanager.co.uk/app/…live

7. Re: Mullins beach webcam / Omar impact

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 16:20