We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time to Barbados - Need Advise

New York
1 post
Save Topic
First Time to Barbados - Need Advise

My wife and I have booked a trip to Barbados for March 5th thru march 15th. We have never been to Barbados but have been to many other islands. We have not found lodging yet (which may have been a big mistake). From all my research, mostly Trip Advisor, it is obvious that the West coast is the place to be. We are baby boomers and prefer a calm sea. I have been looking for a Villa near the beach with a pool. If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. We are open to a Villa, Condo or Hotel. We would like to be within walking distance to the beach but have access to a pool. Privacy is also important. We do plan on renting a car to explore. Looking forward to any advise and/or comments. Thanks to all in advance.

Steve and leslie

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time to Barbados - Need Advise

Have a look on holiday-rentals.co.uk They are also connected to some US sites - home away?? They have a huge choice of privately owned rentals, so I am sure you will find something to suit you. You can specify the things you need, ie, beach, pool, villa, condo, etc etc.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
662 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time to Barbados - Need Advise

Since you plan on renting a car don't rule out the East Coast. The Crane is gorgeous and you'll get tons of privacy.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time to Barbados - Need Advise

No one should ever rule out the eastern side of the island where the air is fresher and we don't get much flooding over this side!!!

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time to Barbados - Need Advise

I was at the Crane yesterday and had the most fabulous day. However, I think if you are after calm water then really the west coast is probably more suitable. Crane beach is fantastic for body boarding and there is a lovely constant breeze off the sea. Having said that, the west coast has been a bit choppy the last few days, but is calmer now.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time to Barbados - Need Advise

Yes, your right the west coast is the place to be. I highly recommend Bayfield House Hotel. Is a small boutique hotel in an old converted planation house seconds from some of the best quietest beaches. The hotel is new, very comfortable, with an extremely relaxing atmosphere and run by a lovely couple who will ensure you have the perfect trip. Its very spacious and we almost felt like its was our private villa with all the hotel comforts. Best of all is great value

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,345 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Time to Barbados - Need Advise

Take a look at www.travel-library.com and www.barbados.org where you should be able to find places that would meet your needs. From what I've seen so far tourism is down everywhere so there should be some good places available and probably quite negotiable.

Regina...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Time to Barbados - Need Advise

Hi, we are booked into Costa Vista Villa #2 over Chrismas holidays. The villa can be a two or three bedroom. We are paying $165US per night for the two bedroom option.It is suppose to be a five minute walk to Fitts Beach. The pool looks nice as does the villa.This is our first visit to Barbados as well. You can view info. about the villa at vacation rentals by owner (VRBO) on the web. It is VRBO # 171381. There are lots of villas to rent on that website.

We have not stayed here but are hoping it is great!

8. Re: First Time to Barbados - Need Advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 10:17