We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency /restaurant

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Currency /restaurant

Cant wait to go to Barbados - only 2 weeks on Saturday and will be there - first time in the Caribbean and there for my birthday so any guide advice on nice restauants to celberate - dont mind paying as long as it is worth it/reasonable..

The only query I still have is what to take as regards currency etc,.I was thinking of taking some currency and then drawing money from ATMs when required. Do you get a better exchange rate on doing this?Checked exchage rate against the Bajan dollar today & was $2.72/$2.79. Staying in St Lawrence Gap so are there sufficent ATMs nearby? Any advice much appreciated.

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency /restaurant

I may be wrong, but the lower rate sounds too low. The Barbados dollar is linked to the US$, so bear in mind you should get 2:1, Barbados to US. I always use the cash machines. You are limited to drawing a daily amount of BBD600 and you will find that you will pay a small charge on your statement. I just find it the easiest way of getting the money, and the exchange rate is current at the time of withdrawal.

In the Gap is Southsea restaurant, and close by is Champers. Both are very nice for a special meal, but not particularly cheap!

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency /restaurant

I have lots of information about Barbados and restaurants, etc. on my blog site which is:

www.barbadostips.com Hopefully you will find some helpful information there to make your first trip a memorable one.

lois

3. Re: Currency /restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 15:18