We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cool runnings?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
cool runnings?

Hi does anyone know if it is best to go day or sunset trip for family with two young children, 4 and 8.

Deliberating over whether too hot during the day or whether a lot more drinking going on at night so whether suitable for the children?

Many thanks for any help.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,648 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cool runnings?

I have never done the sunset trip but have done the day trip twice. On the sun question there is plenty of cover on the boat if you want a break from the rays. As lonag as they wear a t-shirt, slap on the cream they will be fine. On drinking, whilst it is free during the trip I have not seen anyone go over the top with alchohol. The problem is not the crew or the boat but the 'paying' customer. You will get some who drink too much but I suspect that could happen with guests in the day or the evening.

The crew are fantastic and will certainly look after your children and make them feel special. I think they will enjoy the day trip best.

Enjoy.

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cool runnings?

My friends regularly go on the daytime cruise with their kids - they love it, and get to swim with the turtles.

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cool runnings?

I've never done the sunset trip but the daytime one is amazing!

I have never seen anyone drink too much. There is plenty of cover below deck, the crew are always excellent & will help anyone who is not that good in the water & they are really good with children.

One trip I went on there was a lady in her 80's & they waited on her, made sure she saw the turtles from the cat & treated her like a princess!

Definetely a trip not to be missed

yorkshire
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cool runnings?

thankyou very much for you help. Certainly sounds like one to do. Cheers

5. Re: cool runnings?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 19:20