We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family 2adults 2kids(9&7) Going at Christmas

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Family 2adults 2kids(9&7) Going at Christmas

Please can you experienced guys recommend some stunning quiet family beaches and Good value restaurants serving excellent food. We are in the St James area 10mins from Holetown. Also are shops and restaurants open on Christmas Day and do you have any recommendations for Christmas Day Dinner?

Thank You all.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,646 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family 2adults 2kids(9&7) Going at Christmas

Hotel Restaurants will be open Christmas day, not sure about others..No shops would be open on Christmas day, and most will close early christmas eve. Also, we do boxing day here, but it's a bank holiday and everything is closed, shops, supermarkets etc.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,347 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family 2adults 2kids(9&7) Going at Christmas

The really quiet beaches we have found have needed a car to reach - and the ones we have found have not been on the West Coast. South, East and North though. If by family beaches you mean with toilets, cafe, bar etc - then I don't think you'll find those things as well as quiet at the time you are going. I could be wrong and locals may know better than me. If you want to book a restaurant, car etc then my advice would be to act very quickly because Christmas is such a busy time in Barbados

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family 2adults 2kids(9&7) Going at Christmas

Paynes Bay, Gibbs Beach and Mullins Beach are beautiful west coast beaches, but I'm afraid not always so quiet. Good value restaurants for families are Zaccios, Indigos, Angry Annies, and Groots. We have always struggled to find restaurants open for Christmas Day dinner, and the only one I know of is Groots - although I don't know if they are open this year. Other than that, I guess it would have to be hotels, although that tends to be lunch.

Christ Church...
Level Contributor
92 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family 2adults 2kids(9&7) Going at Christmas

There are many restaurants open on Christmas day

I am Barbadian, and I usually see restaurants advertsing their xmas lunch in the newspaper price menu and all.

I never noticed a dinner

Maybe one of the hotels have one

Turtle Beach in the south coast usually has great food but for a dinner I am not too sure

just keep checking the newspaper and watch this board for more suggestions

5. Re: Family 2adults 2kids(9&7) Going at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 21:19