We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados beach wedding- my experience!

Rijeka, Croatia
Level Contributor
15 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Barbados beach wedding- my experience!

We just got back from Barbados where we got married. We stayed there for 10 days at the Hilton ( perfect hotel) and got married at the beach. It was just the two of us, a sunset wedding at Foul bay beach. The beach is perfect, beautiful, a bit secluded and there were like 2 people at the beach which is great because I wouldn't like to have people on my wedding photos :-)

Our wedding planner was Alicia from Tropical weddings. I liked arranging everything with her because she is really prompt at replying at E-mails and dealing with all the requests. Everything was arranged perfectly.

Tina from Genetics did my hair, and it was perfect. I found her on tripadvisor.com forums. She is not too expensive, and really listens to what you want. She recommended a makeup artist Janine who is also great, and did a good job. I really recommend them both. Tina doesn't have a website, but her E-mail is tinasayer@yahoo.com. Janine has a website that currently doesn't work- www.makeupbyjanine.com.

Our photographer was supposed to be Peter Shephard (http://thebarbadosweddings.com) but he hurt his knee so his daughter Renee was our photographer instead. The photos were perfect, spontaneous and beautiful. It was so much fun working with her.

We had dinner at the Cliff- It is a magnificent restaurant with even better food, perfect for a romantic dinner. It is expensive but it's worth it.

The whole Barbados wedding experience was beyond my expectations, and I definitely recommend it to everyone!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,646 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados beach wedding- my experience!

I'm glad you had a great experience with your wedding. I'm sure all those involved will be pleased to hear. Renee is a character (in a really good way) isn't she??!?!?!.. I'm sure your photo's are just fabulous.

Rijeka, Croatia
Level Contributor
15 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados beach wedding- my experience!

Renee is great, really funny :-) Barbados is beautiful, we enjoyed it a lot.

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados beach wedding- my experience!

Congrats on your marriage, and glad everything went well!

4. Re: Barbados beach wedding- my experience!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2009, 22:16