We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contruction work at the Crane

Bournemouth england
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Contruction work at the Crane

Hi. Does anybody have information on the progress

of contruction work at the Crane Hotel as we are

staying at the end of Jan 09.

Thanks.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Contruction work at the Crane

Well I live on the island and visited the Crane on Tuesday 23rd Dec (just 2 days ago) for a cocktail!. The last time I had been there - actually driven in - was about 2 years ago to be honest. The place is lovely - there is some building work going on but it had stopped for the season and what will be continuing is very unlikely to affect you if you are going to be staying there I would say...

The place itself is absolutely lovely and I personally would love someone to take me there for a vacation. The beach was huge - water a bit rough but people out in it - lots of pool areas if you don't like the sea...all in all I was very impressed and I think/hope you like it!

Sarah

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
507 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Contruction work at the Crane

We are here at the mo, all the construction work is away from the residences and we are not aware of it, it's not like when they were building the pools or the beach lift which was noisy and obtrusive,the works to the village area in the centre are fitting out works rather than construction but once again not are of it from beach pools or building, we are in No 4, come and enjoy, it is a beautiful spot.

Bournemouth england
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Contruction work at the Crane

Thanks for the info..

Can't wait to come to Barbados for our first

visit.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Contruction work at the Crane

I visited the Crane last week. The construction work is swiftly underway. While it wasn't the most pleasant sight, it didn't impede guests and visitors.

I don't think that it will be problem for you.

Cheers!

5. Re: Contruction work at the Crane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 December 2008, 19:08
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Contruction work at the Crane

Holidayhollic,

You may want to private message a few guests who recently posted reviews of the Crane and get their opinions on this particular subject.

Enjoy your holiday!

Bournemouth england
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Contruction work at the Crane

Hi.

Thanks for your reply's.

I was hoping some of the village would be open

but having read the reports this seems unlikely.

Looking back through the posts it doesn't seem

to bother many guests so we will hopefully still

enjoy our stay.

Best regards.

8. Re: Contruction work at the Crane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 01:16