We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel is best for baby creche facilities?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
55 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel is best for baby creche facilities?

We are looking to go to Barbados in 2009. Anyone know of any hotels with baby creche or childcare facilities for a 1 year old?

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel is best for baby creche facilities?

I'm not sure about facilities for a such small baby, but I'd imagine the Almond hotels might be your best bet as they seem to be the biggest hotel chain that caters to families. They have 3 properties on the island, 2 of which cater to families in particular. They are; Almond Casuarina and Almond Beach Village. I'd be more inclined to go to the Almond Casuarina as they are mewly opened and I hear some rather negative comments relating to the operation and upkeep of the Almond Beach Village property.

If you have a bigger budget, there is always Sandy Lane. I hear they have an amazing kids club and great babysitting services.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
643 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel is best for baby creche facilities?

I beleive Almond Beach in St. James has childcare facilities on site,call them to verify.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,718 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel is best for baby creche facilities?

Almond Beach Hotel and Spa in St James, is an adults only hotel.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
643 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel is best for baby creche facilities?

Let me make a call. I know there is a hotel in St. James that has child care. I will repost once I get the info.

uk
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel is best for baby creche facilities?

We stayed at the Almond beach Village in Sept 2008. I found it to be better than any nursery in london! The women love babies and our son was only one of 3 babies there. It was very clean and the hours were 9-5pm and they close for an hour at lunch. The creche is included in the price you pay. They change diapers frequently. It was clean and the women were amazing! Highly recommended!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
55 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel is best for baby creche facilities?

Thanks Skapur! I have a couple of questions if thats OK?

1)Did the same creche staff provide baby sitting services in the evening? How much did they typically charge?

2) Some reports suggest Almond Beach Village is a bit run down. I am juggling whether to go to Almond Beach Village or the Almond Casaurina. Any thoughts?

7. Re: Which hotel is best for baby creche facilities?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 05:21