We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions

Indiana
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions

Greetings:

My wife and I will be staying near Maxwell Beach nest month. Our only plans so far is to attend at least one or two Jazz performances at the Jazz festival,go to Bridgetown, Harrison Cave, and take in a little beach time. Initially we will not be renting a car. My hope is to use the bus system along with taxi's. Should I rent a car for a couple days and if so, are there any rental agencies near Maxwell beach?

In addition to the above very loose itinerary, any and all suggestions for exploration and fun would be appreciated. We are not the type to stay at the beach all day. Thank you in advance.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions

You should definately rent a car and explore the rest of the island. I only rented a car for two days while i was there. The island is small so i got a lot of sightseeing done in that time. Driving(on the LEFT!) was my fear before going, and ended up being one of my favorite things i did. Getting lost and asking locals for directions was just as enjoyable. Just wander and stumble upon your own discoveries.Check out the North and East coasts, definately stopping in Bathsheba. Have fun and stay LEFT!

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions

I agree with what al (above) says. If you do rent a car then you don't have to really worry about proximity of the rental office to where you are staying as the more reputable companies all deliver the car to you. I'd recommend either Executive rentals or Stoutes as 2 of the better ones. Also better book now, as you are coming in high season and it can be very hard to get a car if you leave it until the last minute.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions

Ditto!

And, rent he car as earlier rather than later!

Cheers!

4. Re: Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 03:19