We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Lucia Friend

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
St Lucia Friend

Not sure if you are back yet, just wondered how you got on at Almond Beach Village?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Lucia Friend

Hi

We arrived home on Tuesday morning after a FANTASTIC holiday at ABV. We enjoyed every minute of our time there and would love to return again some time in the future, when money allows. I intend to write a review asap.

We are due to return to St Lucia in Feb/March as is usual for us and to be honest if we hadn't now made so many Looshan friends over the years we would probably alternate between Barbados and St Lucia. Both islands hold a key to our hearts. Were you in Barbados over Christmas??

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Lucia Friend

Glad you liked it, my family live just up the road from the hotel, and one of them works on the beach at Almond, so Im often on the beach there when Im in Barbados. I was not there for xmas :( I got back on Dec 1st so had xmas in cold uk. Im back there in March though, so not too long to wait.

Where do you stay in St Lucia?? I was there just over a year ago - stayed in Gros Islet. I loved the Friday Jump Up!!

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Gros Islet
Gros Islet
St. Lucia
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Lucia Friend

glittergirl

We may have spoken to your relative that works on the beach, we went swimming with turtles with Corey and crew and also hired jet ski's from the guys on the far end of the beach. We spoke to most of the guys there, so very friendly and polite.

We stay at Almond Smugglers Cove when in St Lucia, used to be Club St Lucia although the year that Smugglers was under refurb when we were there we moved to Almond Morgan Bay but much prefer Smugglers, plus all of our Looshan friends who we have made over the years live in the north area. We return to St Lucia on the 22nd of February, so not really long to go before we are there again.

We loved Barbados and would love to return there when bank balance allows

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Lucia Friend

Most of the guys working that beach are lovely - very friendly and chatty. Glad you had a fab time.

I stayed at a guest house called Chez Marie Alish in Gros Islet. I looked around the Almond Morgan Bay as our friend works watersports there, but the Smugglers Cove. Planning on going back maybe this Sept to St Lucia. Have been looking at St Lucian by Rex, but may now also look at the Smugglers Cove.

Mentioned in this post
Gros Islet
Gros Islet
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Lucia Friend

That should have said 'not the smugglers cove'

6. Re: St Lucia Friend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 20:16