We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone going to Turtle Beach?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Topic
anyone going to Turtle Beach?

Hi,

We're soo excited as we have just booked our stay at the Turtle Beach Resort for this summer. Yay! It's our first time to Barbados and we're really looking forward to it. We will be staying 6th August til 18th August and are wondering if there is any other families going around the same time?

Any good tips on our 1st trip to Barbados?

Can't wait to hear from you all.

Cheerio

Mia, Ali and Isla

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone going to Turtle Beach?

The resort looks fab!! I have not stayed there, but it also get rave reviews.

As you are on the south coast, defo go to Oistens on a Friday night. This is a massive fish fry where the locals and tourists mingle and party - great fun.

Also visit the east coast. The contrast in scenery is amazing between the east with the south and west coasts.

You will have a fantastic time.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone going to Turtle Beach?

Thanks glittergirl for your help, Oistins sounds fantastic! As long as it's ok and safe to take our 13yo daughter, we'll definately be going there.

Also reckon we might take a car for a couple of days and nip round the island to see some things, so will get to see and do alot more than usual (normally beach and poolside!)

Cheers again, and happy holidays!

Mia

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone going to Turtle Beach?

Oistens is safe for all ages - I often see kids under 10 there with their families. It can get busy, so get there early (maybe 6-7ish).

I have never hired a car in Barbados so cannot advise on the best company to use, but I am sure others can advise you on that.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone going to Turtle Beach?

Excellent that you will have a car. Guaranteed you will get lost as the maps and roads never match one another!! But that's part of the fun.

Definitely go and see the east coast, and maybe go to North Point to see the waves crashing on the cliffs - very different to the west coast. Try and find Bottom Bay and Foul Bay - usually very quiet or desserted, but have no facilities - great for photos though. I also like St John's church for the views and the grounds, and Miami beach just for a relaxing day at the beach (busy with locals at the weekend and holidays).

If you want to do some trips, then my top two would be a catamaran (Cool Runnings or Silver Moon are my faves) and a 4x4 jeep safari (Island Safaris are my fave).

Bet you have a fab time!

Nicky

Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone going to Turtle Beach?

Off to Turtle Beach next weekend for 2 weeks, cant wait! I have never stayed there before but had a look around last year when I was staying at the nearby Sea Breeze. Looks great!

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone going to Turtle Beach?

hi we are off to tb in june,went last year and fell in love with it, great location, great staff,beautifull beach and lovely food remember you can go to the sister hotels, we went crystal cove for the day calmer sea, and thats where we swam with the turtles was a really good day out we gonna do that again this year we cant wait im sure your gonna love barbados we been going for years my kids love it to...

Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone going to Turtle Beach?

Hi angie, you mentioned about using the facilities at the Crystal Cove. I did read somewhere we could do that... Would you be able to give me more information. We are All Inclusive, do we have to pay a supplement to eat there one night? Do we have to pay for taxi? How long does it take to get there? Cant wait to go next weekend! Thanks :-)

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone going to Turtle Beach?

hi we paid for a taxi, bus but cant remember how mush (sorry) they will give you a price when your order taxi at tb reception,you also have to tell tb that you wanna spend the day there, so they can let the other hotel know that your coming and you then get the same all inc, we had a lovely lunch and lots of beer and cocktails they have a lovely cave bar in one of the pools check out the photos on there website..

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone going to Turtle Beach?

We return this May for our 3rd year at Turtle Beach.Great hotel....great location....Paradise!

Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone going to Turtle Beach?

Minnie71, just to let you know aswell there is a car hire company a 2minute walk down from the Turtle Beach, can't remember the name but it is a brightly yellow/green bungalow with cars out the front, you cant miss it! I hired through them last year and I am sure I only paid about £80 for 3 days, much cheaper than if reserved through the hotel. Once you get on the road it is fairly easy to drive and its great to stop by at nice beaches and do on. I would recommend driving round the island, stopping at Bridgetown, the Mount Gay Rum Factory, The Malibu Beach, Holetown on the west, up north to Bathesheba, down the west coast past The Crane beach, you could split it in to a couple days. Also the Concorde Experience at the airport was a good morning out. Enjoy!