We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going single to barbados need some opinion!

bulgaria
4 posts
Save Topic
going single to barbados need some opinion!

Hi everyone, me and my sister r planing a trip to barbados,st. lawrence this april, and since it will be only the two of us (we r in our late 20's) can anyone tell me if its ok and safe for 2 single females to be wondering round and going clubing etc. ? thanx in advance!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going single to barbados need some opinion!

You'll be fine Iva - as I always say, nowhere is 100% safe, but Barbados is safe enough. Just don't do anything silly or take any risks then you will be fine to be out and about of an evening/night! My friend and I generally travel together as two single females and we've always got on fine (touch wood!).

I guess from your other post you're going to be staying at Turtle Beach? You could walk to the Gap as it's not too far, but if you're wearing high heels you'll probably be better to get a cab! I don't know what the prices in Xtreme are like as I don't tend to go there, but the bars etc on the Gap charge around BD$6 or 7 for a rum and mixer and around the same for a bottle of local beer. Imported spirits/beers are a little bit more but only a couple of dollars. Some of the bars have "drinks free" nights where you pay to get in (BD$30-40) and all drinks are included.

ashford
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: going single to barbados need some opinion!

Yes, as long as you do not take any silly risks you will be fine and have a great holiday. The Gap is superb for younger visitors lots of good restaurants & bars.You may find on Fridays & Saturdays a lot of attention from the local lads. My advice would be to take a proper taxi back until you have checked things out a liitle first. Once you build up rapport with a taxi driver they will so rarely let you down. Have a great time!

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: going single to barbados need some opinion!

The Gap can be great fun for singles, but as two single women, the one place I'd avoid is the Reggae Lounge. I personally (this is just my opinion here) have always found it to be frequented by a crowd who, to put it delicately, don't always give unaccompanied women the respect they deserve. I've been in there with both female freinds and male friends, and it's quite a different experience depending on who you are with. I just avoid it altogether these days and go places where I'm fairly confident they have bouncers and strict policies about what is allowed to go on in the place.

bulgaria
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: going single to barbados need some opinion!

Hey back littlemiss Red, thanx so much for your tips and advise, truly appreciate it! so glad to have come upon this site :) and all of u lovely people who love to travel! cheers

bulgaria
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: going single to barbados need some opinion!

thanx so much for the advise! since it will be our first time - i needed that moral support :) truly appreciate it, hope all goes as planned!

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: going single to barbados need some opinion!

When I am in Barbados, I go out and about sometimes on my own. You will be fine as long as you have your witts about you. The buses are safe to catch, so don't spend your money getting taxis everywhere as you will be fine on the bus!!

Have fun.

7. Re: going single to barbados need some opinion!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 21:20