We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 hour stop off in Barbados

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
8 hour stop off in Barbados

I am flying back to the UK from Trindad and have an 8 hour stop over at Barbados airport. Can anyone suggest places to visit/ things to do that are relatively close to the airport.

Cheers

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 hour stop off in Barbados

most places on the south coast are no more than 15 - 20 minutes from the airport and it's a highway drive so usually very reliable ie. traffic. you could visit miami beach (more rustic, quieter), dover beach and st. lawrence gap (lively with watersports) or accra beach (a little further along but nice area with restaurant and shops across the street). with 8 hours you could actually do a 1/2 day tour with a taxi if you wanted - depends on the timing of your flights.

cheers, rootsie!

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 hour stop off in Barbados

The Concord Experience is right beside the airport, that's worth a vist. I was very impressed with how professionally done it was.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 hour stop off in Barbados

I second rootsie's suggestions!

Cheers!

4. Re: 8 hour stop off in Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 20:18