We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

escape at prospect bay

uk
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
escape at prospect bay

can anyone tell me if this hotel is still opeating or not?We are booked to stay there christmas 2009 with virgin and are unsure if the hotel will be open or not ...does anyone have a clearer idea of if the hotel will be open..thanks

Beach View
Beach View
#1 of 25 hotels in Saint James Parish
Little Arches Boutique Hotel
Little Arches Boutique Hotel
#1 of 50 hotels in Christ Church Parish
Yellow Bird Hotel
Yellow Bird Hotel
#1 of 9 hotels in St. Lawrence Gap
south east
Level Contributor
960 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: escape at prospect bay

I was visiting the condos next door only a few weeks ago, and it looked to me that it was still open. Best to check with Virgin though. As far as I know, it is only Tropical Escape at Paynes Bay that is closed.

Mentioned in this post
Paynes Bay
Paynes Bay
Barbados
midlands
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: escape at prospect bay

The hotel shuts at the end of may for 5 to 6 months for a complete refit,you should be ok but we won;t be going this year.

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: escape at prospect bay

Just checked and Virgin are not taking bookings on their website after end April 09.

But as previous person said, hotel closing for refit and hopefully will open again 5-6 months later, so you may be lucky.

uk
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: escape at prospect bay

hi..thanks for that...it's a great hotel and we have visited it many times over the last 10 years ,our last visit was 2 christmas' ago..so really looking forward to it and seeing the friends we have made in the staff...it wouldnt be the same going ang having to stay in another hotel!

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: escape at prospect bay

Know what you mean - we've been 8 times and will go again (£££ permitting when refurbished).

Kent. UK
Level Contributor
745 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: escape at prospect bay

Had a fantastic two weeks there in January. Have tried to re-book with Virgin not an option at the moment.

Virgin have informed me they are awaiting confirmation of re-opening date and room rates. Additionally it will no longer be a Virgin exclusive Hotel.

Although booking direct was an option I assume other tour operators will be featuring this Hotel.

uk
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: escape at prospect bay

Thanks for all your responses...we booked our holiday for december 09 back in may 08 as soon as virgin released holidays for sale.It has also been booked as part of a "create your own" package with orlando and not a standard brochure package.shortly after booking rumours started about the refurbishment/rebranding etc....as we have specifically chosen this hotel and have stayed there many times it really wouldnt be the same going and not staying there...fingers crossed it all goes ok and we dont get a change of plan from virgin 6 weeks before we go!

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
8. Re: escape at prospect bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 06:23