We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados Trips in May

selby,united kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Barbados Trips in May

Hi, Im going to Barbados in May on honeymoon, and wondered if anyone could recommend some good trips to do.

Whitneyville...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados Trips in May

We went last May and had a great time. It's not a very big island, so my suggestion would be to rent a car and go see everything. Street signs are limited, but how can you get lost on a small island? Sure we saw a couple of places a few times from going in a circle or two, but that was part of the fun. You must drive over and see Harrison's Cave. It's where their water supply comes from as it's filtered through 175 feet of limestone. Very cool tour. Hopefully you'll get Hyacinth as your guide, she's been doing it for almost 20 years. Lovely woman. We drove the circumference of the island by keeping the 'water on the left' and stopped at a lot of interesting viewing sites. The maritime preserve was fun for snorkeling off the beach (on the west coast). Their are fabulous restaurants with gourmet food, but you also need to try some of the roadside eats as well. Yummy. The famous Oistin's Fish Fry was fun as well...good food, music, and people. You'll have a great time!

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados Trips in May

Island safaris are normally very good. I haven't done one in years, but Im sure someone who has done one more recently could give you names of good companies.

Defo get yourself to the East Coast, Bathsheba in particular. The scenery is stunning and is a dramatic change to that on the south/west coasts.

Where are you staying on the island?

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,290 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados Trips in May

I would recommend the following:

- Island Safari 4x4 jeep trip - great amusing guides

- Cool Runnings or Silver Moon catamaran trip to snorkel with turtles and have a chille dout day - Silver Moon 1 is limited to 12 people and is a lovely day for a honeymoon, but slighlty more expensive.

- If you can stretch your budget - a day trip to the Grenadines is incredible - fly out on small plane in morning, sail in catamaran all day round islands with stops for swimming snorkelling etc, fly back at sunset - fab!

- Helicopter trip around the island (but don't hdo it with a hangover, as I did!!!) - again more expensive.

- Just hire a car and drive - you'll get lost but that's part of the fun!

Nicky

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,622 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados Trips in May

Welcome to TA.

Take a look at Things To Do on the left side of the page and that will give some information about things that might of interest.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barbados Trips in May

I second (third, whatever!) the 4x4 safari suggestion, it's a great day out and you get to see a lot of the island. Perhaps do it near the beginning of your stay, then if you see anywhere you really like you can revisit for a bit longer.

The Atlantis Submarine is quite interesting too.

I've not done the Grenadines day trip, we arranged it ourselves and had four days for not much more (inc accomm!), we visited St Vincent, Mayreau, Petit Martinique and the Tobago Cays. Whichever way you do it, they are so beautiful!

Also, there's Harrison's Cave, Flower Forest, St Nicholas Abbey, Rum Tours, Catamaran tours, Bathsheba, the list goes on!!

As Canby said, there are soooo many things to do, take a look on the "things to do" page to get more ideas.

6. Re: Barbados Trips in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 13:18