We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Falernum

New York
Level Contributor
516 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Falernum

In the summe, we love rum drinks made with Falernum. Last year we had a very big party and had a really difficult time locating Falernum in the US. The importer said it was because the plant in Barbados was in the process of moving. I called the distributor again a few days ago and was told the importer in Hartford, CT had gone out of business. Now we will need to buy it in Barbados and bring it home. Rather than packing it in our ship through suitcases, does anyone know if it is sold in the departure Duty Free store at the airport. Thanks.

NYSbeachgirl

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Falernum

You will be able to get it from Duty Free store at the airport.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Falernum

You may want to check with Cave Shepherd. If they carry it, which I think they do, you may purchase it there and have them forward a packaged box to the airport. It will be waiting for you upon the morning of departure. You will be able to take it aboard.

By the way, Cave Shepherd isn't the only store that does this. But, It's the only one that I've used.

New York
Level Contributor
516 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Falernum

Thanks Butterflysue1 and BBDBeauty. I didn't know if they would have it because it has such a low alcohol content.

NYSBeachgirl

Hidden at Adams...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Falernum

Falernum, definitely can be had at the airport duty free.

5. Re: Falernum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 23:17