We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather- when is the best time to visit?

Essex
Level Contributor
158 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Weather- when is the best time to visit?

Which month should we choose to visit Barbados? We want it as dry and warm as possible. Also, we will be taking our two small boys (5 and 7) but we're not sure which is the best resort?

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Barbados Catamaran Snorkeling Cruise
74 Reviews
from US$75.00*
Free Cancellation
5-Hour Small-Group Catamaran Cruise...
39 Reviews
from US$120.00*
Free Cancellation
Best of Barbados Tour
57 Reviews
from US$145.00*
Free Cancellation
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather- when is the best time to visit?

Dec-Mar is generally the traditional high season in Barbados, but it's never totally dry as it is tropical! The temperature doesn't really change that much throughout the year, it's always around 27-30 degrees.

Not sure what you want from a resort or what your budget is to be able to advise which is best...

Maybe take a look at the hotel reviews to get some ideas!

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather- when is the best time to visit?

This topic always brings a huge difference of opinions. Many people report not seeing a difference in climate in Barbados year round.

However, I believe that there's a huge difference between the dry season in Barbados (December to April) and the wet season (May to November). I also think that the dry season (also the high tourism season) is the best time to visit. Just because it's called the "dry season" that it doesn't mean that it doesn't rain. It certianly does. However, you don't have the threat of hurricanes, humidity and the extensive rainfall that one sees especially from August through October.

During the dry season the daytime temps are in the mid 80s F -- very comfortable for me. During the wet season it can be humid and uncomfortable during the day and temps typically hit the 90s F. I've expereinced many days during the wet season showering in the morning and being soaked through and sweaty an hour or two later-- not my idea of comfort. I guess that some folks are sensitive to these difference and others aren't.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,406 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather- when is the best time to visit?

We usually go late Jan/early Feb but have also been in May and September. All dates have about the same temperatures but in May it was humid as was September (more so) when we went two years ago.

No all hotels cater for small children, so make sure you see what their facilities are.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,186 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather- when is the best time to visit?

The weather patterns are definately changing in Barbados. I'm sure we have had more rain and overcast days since early January the much of the time during Sept to December. Having said that, the heavy rains are long gone, but we do get showers.

We shall see what March, April and May bring this year.

As I live here, I can't really comment on resorts, as I've not really stayed in any, but I'd say possibly the Hilton would be a good place, as well as Accra Beach (nice pool and beach area.) There are others.. and I'm sure more people will chime in.. take a look at the reviews and the listing of Barbados hotels on the left side of the page. That's a great place to start.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Accra Beach
Accra Beach
458 Reviews
Barbados
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather- when is the best time to visit?

The driest months are February, March and April. The wettest months are September, October and November. As previous posters have noted, weather patterns are changing and, in particular, the rainy season seems to finish later (ie January) than used to be the case.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
55 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather- when is the best time to visit?

I am visiting Barbados Dec. 27 - Jan. 1. How is the weather during those months? Will I be able to wear shorts the entire time?

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather- when is the best time to visit?

Definitely, but you may wish to dress more appropriately in the evening.

massachusetts
Level Contributor
128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather- when is the best time to visit?

Do the showers last long or do they come and go? I'm going in Oct for my honeymoon

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather- when is the best time to visit?

We were on the Royal Clipper departed Barbados on Feb14

for one week.

Rain four out of seven days some times heavy some times light.

Cloudy yukee weather four out of seven.

So much for the dry season of feb 09.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,727 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather- when is the best time to visit?

midon1,

So you sailed from Barbados and had rain during your travels. That does not mean Barbados had the exact same weather. However being tropical rain is to be expected and sometimes is quite welcome. Another reason to visit a bar maybe?

Oh well off to the pool under sunny and warm skies and slight breeze. Rain? On yes, another Banks please.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean