We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Barbados

Lancaster
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Barbados

Hi, We are going to barbados for our first time for two weeks in May. Just a couple of questions, do I pack anything warm to wear. Does it get chilly in the evening. And my son wants to know if its unlikely he will swim with a turtle - is it hard to find them - do you have to go out far to see them?.

Sorry if these are silly questions - we are just so excited!.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,626 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Barbados

Hi Snazzy09

Not silly questions at all.

You will most definitly NOT need any warm clothing.

Temperatures at night will be between 24 -26 degrees.

I always go to Barbados April- May time and the weather has been wonderfully hot.

Your son will be able to see and swim with the turtles for sure - especially if you go out on a catamaran trip. I have also seen the odd one whilst swimming in shallow water on the West coast but the best bet is to go out on a catamaran.

You have every reason to be excited, you will have a great time!

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Barbados

I totally agree with Babiface about the weather and the turtles, just to add you can see them from the beaches on the south coast as well, why not do a bit of snorkeling you can do this a few metres from the shore.

Philadelphia area
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Barbados

Do you have the name of any specific beaches in the South that has good snorkeling from the beach?

I was under the impression that the South wasnt that good for snorkeling from the beach since the surf could be a bit in motion but would love to put any suggestions on our list to consider during our soon to be first trip to Barbados.

Thanks!

boston
Level Contributor
571 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Barbados

Absolutely take a catamaran trip to see/snorkel with turtles. The surf is very calm where they take you. We spent quite a while off shore of Sandy Lane, which was spectacular! Have fun.

Ontario
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Barbados

Cool Runnings is a great snorkel trip. Lunch and beverages included and you swim with the turtles.

They pick you up and drop you off at your hotel.

Great staff and one of my highlights in Barbados. The wonderful thing is that if you identify that you are a non-swimmer they have a way of pulling you along and you can still experience the trip.

Lancaster
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Barbados

Thanks sounds good !

How much does a day excursion like that cost for a family of 4 ?

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Barbados

CoolRunnings charge $85 US per person. If you apply for a VIP card in May you would be able to get 2 for 1 on Tiami who also do swimming with the turtles.

http://www.barbadosvipcard.com/

Lancaster
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Barbados

Thanks so much.

9. Re: First time to Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 03:19