We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pregnant while visiting Barbados

boston
1 post
Save Topic
Pregnant while visiting Barbados

My husband and I are thinking about a 'babymoon' to Barbados at the end of April or beginning of May. Is it easy to find great, reasonable priced places to eat? Also, we are choosing between Cobblers Cove or Little Good Harbour. Which do you recommend and why? Do we need to rent a car to get around the island? Thank you for your suggestions!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pregnant while visiting Barbados

I think you need to have a look at the hotel reviews and also do a couple of searches on the forum to answer these questions. I like both hotels - both are very nice. CC is right on the beach - tends to have a slightly older crowd I'd say. LGH is across from a small beach - very nice accommodation and probably my prefered choice.

As far as reasonably priced restaurants the West Coast can be quite pricey and there is more choice in Holetown so hence you may think about car rental otherwise getting taxis and restaurants will be pretty pricey.

Sarah

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pregnant while visiting Barbados

Hi, we stopped at Port St.Charles in November just south of Little Good Harbour, we loved the beach, area and property, we did feel we needed a jeep though which we had for the last 10 days of our stay and looking back now we would of booked it for the full stay.

Regarding places to eat we did travel to Holetown quite a bit to eat, there you will find lots if restaurants to suit all budgets. Just another idea if you didn't want to hire a car the whole time you could also look at the Sandpiper Hotel which is a very nice hotel but within walking distance of Holetown's restaurants. I think the rooms would be nicer than Cobbler's Cove. I agree with Scary if I had to pick from the 2 it would probably be Little Good Harbour.

I would hire a car for a few days at least anyway to get out and about and see the island. The East Coast in particular is beautiful. Emma

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pregnant while visiting Barbados

You prob will need a carif staying at either, but buses will be quite frequent - LGH has a bus stop right outside with buses for Josey Hill, Crab Hill, ConnellTown going past. CC has the same buses + Pie Corner, Speightstown and Mile and Quarter so if you didnt hire a car, you wont be stranded.

There is a lovely place to eat just up the road from LGH - Mertons. He is open Thurs Fri and Sat and cooks fish/chicken etc to order. Very cheap and good local cooking.

4. Re: Pregnant while visiting Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 05:33