We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cave Sheppard Malibu Rum Made In Ontario

Ontario
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Topic
Cave Sheppard Malibu Rum Made In Ontario

I'm just back froma fabulous trip to Barbados and the Almond Casuarina. I'll write more about it later when I catch up, but I did notice a thread about Malibu Rum and thought I would post about Malibu Rum not being made (or rather, available for purchase) at Cave Sheppard.

I discovered that most of the Malibu rum at Cave sheppard was in fact imported from Ontario. While it was less costly that the price at the LCBO it definitely was not not as good a buy as purchasing Mt Gay rum. Malibu was only about $7 Canadian less than the price at which it man be purchased at the Liquor store in Ontario, while a 750ml bottle of Mt Gay Eclipse cost $10 Canadian at Cave Sheppard but the same costs $27.95 at the LCBO. Extra Old (750ml) cost $21.25 Canadian at Cave Sheppard but $38.95 at the LCBO. Both Mt Gay purchases were a good buy. Since malibu was not as good a buy and since it is availabe where I reside, I didn't want to take up my duty free allottment with Malibu.

I checked many of the bottles of Malibu and did find one that had a label affixed saying it was made in Barbados, but all the others checked were made in Ontario.

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,839 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cave Sheppard Malibu Rum Made In Ontario

I actually found Malibu to be more expensive then other years. You are correct that Mount Gay is a much better deal. Even buying a drink at a bar the Malibu was more then before.

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cave Sheppard Malibu Rum Made In Ontario

Too funny. Next thing you know we'll find out Molson's owns Mount Gay.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cave Sheppard Malibu Rum Made In Ontario

That is hilarious. Never tried Malibu.

I actually would love to find Mt. Gay Extra dark in NYC.

4. Re: Cave Sheppard Malibu Rum Made In Ontario

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 12:40