We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crystal cove - whats with the water

PA
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Topic
crystal cove - whats with the water

getting ready to book crystal cove(pretty sure anyway), but looking at travelers pics and can't figure out what is in the water right off shore. it looks to me like coral, but how can it be coral that close to the beach. there are many large dark sections in the water, is it coral? i didn't read anything about the water not being swimmable here, but also don't see anyone out there swimming either??? also is the beach rocky or soft? having a great beach is very important, and want to make the right choice.

thanks for any info...

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: crystal cove - whats with the water

I haven't stayed there for many years, but when I was last there it was quite reefy, and only a small area of swimmable beach. Don't know if that is still the case - maybe the samd comes and goes like a lot of west coast beaches.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: crystal cove - whats with the water

you must remember that Barbados is a coral island and not volcanic as many of the other islands in the Caribbean so there is every possibility it is coral I'd say.

Sarah

PA
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: crystal cove - whats with the water

ok so does that mean there isnt' much swimming in the water at crystal cove?

uk
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: crystal cove - whats with the water

We stayed at Crystal Cove last Sept.

If you look on the pictures of the 2 decks in the sea - the one to the left has a sandy area where there are no rocks at all. Directly in front on the hotel there are quite a few rocks. Just a couple of mins walk along the beach towards the Cliff most of the sea is totally sandy with no rocks at all.

Also with Crystal you get a free water taxi that goes to Colony Club and Tamarind - both beaches very sandy - taxi starts at approx 10am and finishes at approx 3.30.

We really enjoyed our stay there - ideal for a relaxing holiday.

Hope this helps

5. Re: crystal cove - whats with the water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 21:21