We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Beach

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
194 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Beach

Here's a pretty straight-forward topic. What's your favorite beach in Barbados, and why?

england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Beach

Dover Beach, it has everything you need for a good day on the beach. Also quite long so good for strolling up and down from one end to the other and back.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Beach

Gibbs beach on the west coast. Long stretch of beach that connects with Mullins beach. Calm waters, no vendors and safe.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Beach

For scenic beauty...Crane Beach but for calm, shallow, tranquil water with sandbars and the most crystal clear water head to Worthing Beach to the area direcly in front of the parking lot and facilities...it is amazing because it is protected from the surf.

Bubby

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Beach

i agree with billydove Dover beach no question.

but everyone will have a favourite on the island so you will have to visit everone yourself LOL !

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Beach

I have to agree with the Dover people! It's a nice beach, quite big so plenty of space, has plenty of facilities. Preferred the way it was a few years ago though, before they built the mega-ugly Sapphire Beach condos...

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite Beach

Miami/Enterprise Beach. Has everything for a relaxing day at the beach - turquoise water, white sand, close to bus route/easy parking, trees for shade, picnic tables , Mr Delicious van for lunch (roti & Banks/rum punch), facilities, no pushy beach vendors. Beautiful......can't wait to get back there!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite Beach

i have two...

accra (rockley) beach - usually a bit calmer than dover and close to the shops :) now with the addition of the boardwalk, it's a great place to go for a long walk also.

miami beach - calmer surf, beautiful trees and the infamous mr. delicious food truck for flying fish cutters!

cheers, rootsie!

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite Beach

On the south - Rockley. It has everything you need within walking distance including Ackee Tree my new favourite place for lunch.

On the West - Lower Carlton. So peaceful and idylic

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,671 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite Beach

My favourites are Crane, rough but drop dead gorgeous and Miami/Enterprise for calm and shallow quite far out. I can close my eyes and imagine I'm on either. Mmmmm

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,292 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite Beach

For me it has to be Gibbes at sunset ...G&T in a flask and a bag of peanuts ...sheer bliss