We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baggaed allowance

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
baggaed allowance

is this right virgin from gatwick to barbados your allowed 23k x 2 each person + hand luggage have i read this right?

regards

jackie

xxx

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baggaed allowance

Yes Jackie, you've read it right! I was surprised the first time too. No idea how you could possibly take that much stuff for a holiday, but I'm sure some people manage. I barely make it to 13 or 14kg and I still have too much stuff!

London, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: baggaed allowance

Oh that sounds good! - right so it's 23kg maximum per case? So you can have 2 cases that are 23kg but not one that is 46? Is that right? And children get the same allowance don't they (not infants)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: baggaed allowance

I'm not sure about for children, I guess it's the same. I think if one bag goes over 23kg you'd have to pay excess baggage. Most airlines now won't accept any bags over 32kg under any circumstances due to health and safety restrictions.

Essex
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: baggaed allowance

We have always found Virgin pretty good if you are a kg or two over on a case. We have never been charged excess baggage.

You are also correct about children, as long as you have paid for a seat they have the same baggage allowance as adults.

With boogie boards and sun cream, toiletries etc we never use all our luggage allowance but I still find myself standing on the bathroom scales with each case just to make sure!!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: baggaed allowance

Yes - it's right. More than you can carry!! They were nice to my son and let him go through with one case weighing 27 kg too. Same for children - except infants who have no seat of their own. Make sure your hand luggage fits in the size thing though.

england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: baggaed allowance

I think, but not sure, that this only applies if you are booked with Virgin Atlantic, if you are going with Virgin holidays it is only one case, but I may be wrong.

I am ashamed to say LMR that I usually manage to take my full allowance, much to my husbands disgust, and yes you are all right, I don't wear half of it but am sure I will need it!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: baggaed allowance

Shame on you Billy ;O) lol!!

Bradford West...
Level Contributor
542 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: baggaed allowance

well i am surprised that other airlines are offering 2 bags x 23 kg's, we are flying Air Canada from Toronto, Canada, and ALL their flights no matter where in the world allow passengers 2 bags x 23 kgs which is about 50 lbs per bag,,and also 22 lbs for a cabin bag,,,and trust me, the more you are allowed the more you bring,,we are almost at capacity, and we are only going for 1 week,,sometimes its probably better only to be allowed to bring 44lbs(20kg) in total,,cause the more your allowed, you always say what if i need this what if i need that,,you just keep stuffing your suitcases LOL LOL,,it never ends LOL, i know we are gonna actually take some stuff out,,cause it is too much,,but i do like the idea that airlines do offer the extra weight at no charge,,and as other members have stated,,if you are over on 1 bag,,and under on the other,,you will be charged for the overweight bag,,so use a scale and have them equal

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: baggaed allowance

13 – 14kg however do you manage?

However, hard I try my case is never below 22kg and this time I also took another smaller case with extra last minutes things I thought I might need. I didn’t wear everything I took but I like to have choice so I can spend ages each night agonising over what to wear! :-)

england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: baggaed allowance

We I went for five weeks, that is potentially 35 different outfits for every night! lol