We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almond Resorts?

new jersey
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Almond Resorts?

I recently was going to book Crystal Cove 11/09 and then a travel agent told me to stay at Almond beach village in the adult section that is is much better. Has anyone stayed at either of these places to make a comparison? Is the Almond group better than the Elegant group?

Scalla

ontario
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Almond Resorts?

when u get your answers will you send them to me as I to will be going in Jan 2010 to almond beach village

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Almond Resorts?

I haven't stayed at either to make a direct comparison I'm afraid. Have you looked at the reviews for both? That might give you an idea as to which you may prefer?

new jersey
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Almond Resorts?

Yes, I have and Crystal cove has better reviews and is a 3 star where Almond is a 4. I am fussy when it comes to my room and dinning.I hope to hear from someone that is fimilar with both properties.Susie

Reading UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Almond Resorts?

I have stayed at Almond Beach Village and am returning there at the beginning of May having had our first stay last year. I was really nervous as some friends (who are quite particular about where they stay) had recommended it after visiting twice and so we booked it, but i read quite a few negative comments on this site. However, we had a wonderful time, the staff were lovely, food wonderful and i sometimes wonder why people find so much to complain about. The resort is a little tired i will admit, but it in no way detracts from your enjoyment. We have previously stayed at Grand Barbados Beach Resort, Colony Club and Cobblers Cove, but these were all breakfast only and the cost of eating out on the west coast is astronomical plus taxi fares if needed. All inclusive was a far better option. We had previously had a wonderful meal at the Fish Pot in Speightstown and were determined last year to go back and sample once again their wonderful fish platter, but the food was so good at ABV there was no need. All restaurants were really nice especially the Italian a la carte restaurant. Hopefully you will find someone that has been to Crystal Cove to get their feedback. Whatever you decide you will love the Island and the people make it so special.

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Almond Resorts?

My wife and I have stayed at Tamarind Cove which is in same group as Crystal Cove, which is an attractive resort,but prefer Almond Beach Club as :

Food was far better.

The entertainment was far better, including a late piano bar 11pm- 2am.

It is all inclusive, though we bought red wine as their table wine was awful - their white wine is OK though.

It is adult only - bliss !

Crystal Cove or Almond Beach Village have better beaches - the Almond Beach Club has a very small one - but the fabulous Sandy Lane beach is right next door

Great snorkelling right off the Club's beach and at a bay 5 mins walk away

There are good shops ( including a duty free one ) across the road from the Club and it is about a 10 min stroll to Holetown with its many shops, bars, restaurants etc. Also The Club, like The Village and Crystal Cove are close to a road with cheap,regular buses to Bridgetown etc - only 40p !

If you stay at the Club you can visit the Village or the Almond Casuarina (on south coast) for free by regular shuttle bus - fabulous beach setting at Casuarina !

Send me a message if I can advise further.

Beachandsea

essex
Level Contributor
488 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Almond Resorts?

went to almond beach village sept 2007, great time, great hotel, good entertainment, beach,staff,good snorkelling, loads of swimming pools, food was typically caribbean, but always found something to eat, we were all inclusive, went with father in law and sons in their early twenties, all had a wonderful time.

oistins trip good, and virgin " pub crawl " also catamaran trip, snorkelling and swimming with turtles and huge tarpon.

went to visit almond beach club as it is a sister resort, we could eat there as well, but the village is much better, it's bigger, a better beach, walked along to sandy lane, didn't see what all the fuss is about !

Lanarkshire
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Almond Resorts?

I am also going to Crystal Cove in July. I'm now a bit worried as ithe tour operator I have booked with describes the rating as 4+. otherwise I wouldnt have booked. I'd also appreciate any comments

new jersey
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Almond Resorts?

I decided againt the Almond Resorts after talking to several travel agents and reading. It is a 3 star in most reviews and AAA and I know I would be disappointed. We are going to Couples in Jamaica. 4+ Resort..Best of luck

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Almond Resorts?

Star ratings are given to hotels based not only on the standard, but the facilities. Take a look at Sugar Cane Club as an example - really good standard proprty but only a 2* or 3* as they have very limited facilities. Do not take the 4* rating to mean that you are getting a really really good quality property. I have stayed at ABV (4 years ago) but use the beach there on a regualer basis and go into the complex to get to the shop. I would say the standard of ABV is 3* BUT they have lots of facilities with is why it is graded as 4*. The food is good there - esp the reef and italian. I have not stayed at Crystal Cove, but my ex teacher got married there 2 years ago and loved it. A few repeat guests of ABV that I know decided to try Crystal Cove one Christmas and have not been back to ABV since, which I guess goes to show that they prefer it.

One thing I will say for both properties - at Xmas the hotels are full of pure repeat guests. The prices at Xmas are really high (I know a family of 5 that spent £12000 on a 10 night break at ABV over xmas). If people go there year after year and spend that type of cash, I guess it cant be that bad????????

10. Re: Almond Resorts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2009, 07:19